FYI

My saw has no adjustment for the head angle. I added shims to the pivot bracket to square the head with the vise.

Also, the blade on an H/V band saw is twisted by design. The natural tendency is for the blade to run straight and the side roller guides are what force it to make a straight cut. If the guides are too loose, you will cut on an angle and as the blade descends, it will cut a curved path. The solution is proper adjustment of the guides. After struggling for many years with the non square cuts, I finally got it right.

My blade keeps falling off my 4x6. The cuts aren't that square either. Oh yeah, the blade is a pain to install. I don't use it unless I'm desperate. Would be nice to get the saw back in service though.

So where did you buy this blade?
I had upgraded the blade on mine to a bit nicer blade and it got stupid, put the original replacement that I buy from HF back on it and it is fine...

My saw has no adjustment for the head angle. I added shims to the pivot bracket to square the head with the vise.

Also, the blade on an H/V band saw is twisted by design. The natural tendency is for the blade to run straight and the side roller guides are what force it to make a straight cut. If the guides are too loose, you will cut on an angle and as the blade descends, it will cut a curved path. The solution is proper adjustment of the guides. After struggling for many years with the non square cuts, I finally got it right.
Not only this, but too much down pressure will cause a blade that has properly adjusted guide rollers to “squirm” in the cut giving a less than stellar outcome.

This monstrosity was made right after I replaced the blade and tuned the saw to cut perfectly square for my job, by an idiot that had no clue what he was doing. Just turn d the knob to full down pressure “to get done faster”.

Not only did he not cut through his piece, he was subsequently instructed by yours truly how to replace the blade he just ruined, tune the saw to cut straight and forbidden from ever using it again.

IMG_2999.jpeg
IMG_2998.jpegIMG_2994.jpegIMG_2995.jpegIMG_2992.jpeg

Back