Cool foundry mold patterns for machinery

I just got around to watching the video.

They do a nice walkthrough of the foundry patterns.

I think at least 3-4 of those huge bandsaws sold for less that $100 and went straight to the scrapyard. One scrapper didn’t have a big enough trailer so Barry just pushed the saw over onto the cement and broke it apart into pieces :eek:
The pieces fit in the trailer better…

I think most of the motors went to scrap…

The warehouse is almost empty now and I think he's just loading the things he’s saving into shipping containers.

You wouldn’t believe the Whitney/Neuman haul he has. Going bak to the late 1800’s. All their copper plate printing masters (forget the proper term) for their literature and manuals. A ton of glass negatives they took of their machines ‘in the wild’ all over the country. He got it all out the one side of the factory building while they were tearing the other side down!?!

I think I did convince him to store the literal ton of priceless paper stuff in a climate controlled storage unit instead of a container sitting outside.
IMG_4019.jpegIMG_4018.jpegIMG_4021.jpegIMG_4020.jpegIMG_3981.jpegIMG_3980.jpegIMG_3979.jpegIMG_3978.jpegIMG_3973.jpegIMG_3975.jpegIMG_3976.jpegIMG_3974.jpeg

I’ll report back (and keep in mind you’re veiled request). They say they do Aluminum and Silicon Bronze: although I used an Aluminum shrink scale, that doesn’t matter and I think Silicon Bronze could make a good display piece. They could probably use Brass as well, but if they don’t use it routinely it would add even more cost.
Fresh from Cattail Foundry:

IMG_5845_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

Silicon Bronze, weighing in at 3 lbs. 6 oz.

Now I need to find a suitable display base for the pattern & casting and decide if I’m going to leave it as-is with just the flash removed or fully clean it up & polish it.

Back