Cool foundry mold patterns for machinery

take that up to Lancaster and have it cast in iron! :big grin:

Edit: Oh jeez... I was thinking Baltimore, but you're right there LOL

take that up to Lancaster and have it cast in iron! :big grin:

Edit: Oh jeez... I was thinking Baltimore, but you're right there LOL
Great suggestion! About an hour away but I’ll put on my list for my next trip to Lititz - I’ll take the pattern along and if we can reach an agreement leave it with them for the next pour.

Thanks,

Charlie

seriously, let us all know what the situation is like there?
If they can pour good quality iron, it may be a resource for some simple things like angle plates, bases for squareness checkers and other various things.
I've never been there but would love to go!

Also... that little anvil looks like it might fit in a flat rate box! :big grin:

seriously, let us all know what the situation is like there?
If they can pour good quality iron, it may be a resource for some simple things like angle plates, bases for squareness checkers and other various things.
I've never been there but would love to go!

Also... that little anvil looks like it might fit in a flat rate box! :big grin:
I’ll report back (and keep in mind you’re veiled request). They say they do Aluminum and Silicon Bronze: although I used an Aluminum shrink scale, that doesn’t matter and I think Silicon Bronze could make a good display piece. They could probably use Brass as well, but if they don’t use it routinely it would add even more cost.

I have a buddy up in Lititz who works at the Kubota dealership . Been there many a times . Jeff was a HUGE Cub/IC tractor guy . :encourage:

Old patterns have been used for interior decorations and can bring a good price under the right conditions.
Yes. That's where they're going. I'm not really interested in trying to make and sell art (disclaimer-I did attend art school lol) and try to sell it around here. I don't really think the money is in this area.

I was looking for myself, but no ideas sprang to mind and I moved on.

At least they're not going to the dump!

Update!
I’ve been spending most of my last 2 weeks helping the owner clear out of the warehouse… soo much stuff! :eek:

Anyway, I did pickout this nice pattern for my shop wall!

I present to you:
Pattern mold / part no. CG-65!!!!
<cue fanfare>

IMG_4052.jpeg

It is missing part of the exterior webbing on both sides… lost to time and space….

IMG_4053.jpegIMG_4054.jpeg

BUT!!!
The underside will be the side showing on the wall!
I feel it still has plenty to offer!

IMG_4055.jpegIMG_4056.jpeg

I saw a Kieth Rucker/Vintage Machinery video about that shop a few weeks ago. Absolute insane amount of stuff was accumulated there.

It's probably a good thing I live a few thousand miles away or I'd be there with a trailer.

Back