Central Machinery 981 mill handwheels needed

pghponton

Registered
Registered
I am in need of replacement handwheels for the table, specifically the right and left side wheels. Any idea who makes replacements? The original ones on the lathe look like what is pictured. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• handwheel.jpg
    handwheel.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 8
Have you tried contacting their parts department?

Or,

McMaster Carr has a selection you could choose from. You might have to make an adaptor.

I'll second McMaster. I bought a replacement wheel, some knobs, and several replacement levers from them for my mill. It was a great improvement.

GsT

Thanks gents for the replies. Here is what was stock with this mill. They measure 5" across and the bore is 3/4" inner diameter.

Maybe I can weld the broken wheel? Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1000013192.jpg
    1000013192.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1000013193.jpg
    1000013193.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 4
Seems to me like an inherently bad design. There is a good reason most hand wheels have three spokes, or solid center design. Mike

eBay might be a source, or even AliExpress. I've bought a few handwheels off eBay, all were fine.

I didn't like the handwheels that came with my RF45 mill. I bought chrome plated cast iron handwheels from Grizzly as replacements.

Ok, another update. The hand wheels that came with the lathe sit on a spindle that is 1.24" long and .664" in diameter. I cannot find, for the life of me, handwheels that 1) have the hole on the backside of the wheel for the pin that is on the spindle and 2) have the proper diameter. I have checked eBay and Amazon and most of them have a keyway on them and are not like what I have pictured above. HELP!!

Back