3 for 3 so far .

Its pretty simple, The water from the ethanol goes to the bottom of the tank, Ethanol will grab moisture from the atmosphere. E-85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline.

Any Pump gas that DOES NOT say Ethanol-Free Can have up to 20% Ethanol in it, Especially the Premium Unleaded higher octane Fuels, Because they add ethanol to it to bring the octane levels higher. Pure Ethanol fuel has a very high octane of 114 octane. E-85 has 108 octane.

Super Unleaded 91, also known as E20, is a fuel that contains 20% ethanol and has an octane rating of 91

So people that tell you to get premium at the gas station and your carbs will be fine, Just simply don't know what they are talking about.

Last edited:
regular gas here is 10% ethanol, and the pumps say so. if they want to offer a higher ethanol blend it has to be marked on the pump what the blend is. I've never seen E-85 anywhere in Florida, not saying there isn't any. we have a lot of stations here that offer ethanol free gasoline. especially along the coasts in fishing villages and towns.

regular gas here is 10% ethanol, and the pumps say so. if they want to offer a higher ethanol blend it has to be marked on the pump what the blend is. I've never seen E-85 anywhere in Florida, not saying there isn't any. we have a lot of stations here that offer ethanol free gasoline. especially along the coasts in fishing villages and towns.
I had never seen E-85 until I moved to Utah 10 years ago. It's just not good fuel no matter how you slice it. It's to make the greenies feel special and that's it.

yup, 100% agree. the climate may be changing but it isn't a crisis or the end of the world. it has happened over and over and over. we're approaching the end of the last ice age, there have been many ice ages, and they have all ended with NO ice at the poles at all and eventually there is another ice age. I'm sure the human race would rather have to move a few miles inland than to have a mile of ice cover most of the continent again.

Back