3 for 3 so far .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
First 3 chainsaws start but won't run including the 455 Husky . 3 more to try although the the 395XP would be overkill for what I need to cut . Either the ultrasonic cleaner will be busy or the Visa card will be . :burned up::cussing:

I just got a Jonsereds 90 and a Homelite SXL 925 running. per the guys I bought them from neither had run in a long, long time. the homelite was a challenge but is running awesome. the Jonsereds was easy. last year I redid a 372XP. crank bearings up. it's one of the best saws I've ever used.
before and after.

10-10-23 2.jpgPXL_20231212_223147173.MP.jpg11-8-23.jpg

I'm going to spout heresy but we didn't need to break out the big gas Echo at all the last couple of days. We cut 20+ trees out with a 40v Ryobi electric. You don't have to worry about getting it started. Just pick it up and cut. The thing is unreasonably good.

Once the trees get to about 16"+ you have to start thinking of getting the gasser out, or we have a bigger corded electric if we can reach a cord or generator that far.

The gas saw has unbeatable power and a huge bar but the dang thing is heavy as hell we use the electrics 90% of the time now. Just not having to start and stop the saw is game changing for how you work.

last year I redid a 372XP. crank bearings up. it's one of the best saws I've ever used.
before and after.
That thing looks great ! :encourage: The XPs are big SOBs and heavy as heck , but they sure can cut .

I'm going to spout heresy but we didn't need to break out the big gas Echo at all the last couple of days. We cut 20+ trees out with a 40v Ryobi electric. You don't have to worry about getting it started. Just pick it up and cut. The thing is unreasonably good.

Once the trees get to about 16"+ you have to start thinking of getting the gasser out, or we have a bigger corded electric if we can reach a cord or generator that far.

The gas saw has unbeatable power and a huge bar but the dang thing is heavy as hell we use the electrics 90% of the time now. Just not having to start and stop the saw is game changing for how you work.
I enjoy using a 2-stroke saw. I like my 18V makita tools, but that's about it. all my power yard equipment is 2 stroke. as are my dirt bikes. I even have a 2 stroke Lawnboy 6.5HP mower but seldom fire it up since I bought a place where I have to mow 2.5 acres now. same with my outboards. both my boats have Tohatsu fuel injected 2 stroke outboards.

nosecone.jpg

Last edited:
I even have a 2 stroke Lawnboy 6.5HP
:grin: Pic please !! I just brought home 2 old Lawnboys with magnesium decks . Have to decide whether to get them running or lighting up the decks in the firepit . :grin: Oh yeah , and a mini mac followed me home from my Uncles shed also . Forgot about that little thing .

I thinking of the tree climbing I did as a teenager of how handy an electric tree saw wood be. Not yanking on a pull cord 60’ in the air would down right handy……

Back