Youtube and neighbors

well, that didn't go well. I blew his leaves back onto his property, and he got all upset with me. He said I should not be blowing it onto his property.
I reminded him that he just did that to me, and I got the standard reply of they will blow over to yours soon enough. So he piled them right on the property line, not just flat.

I would definitely be less friendly with a neighbor like that, not hostile, but much cooler.

I have three rules for borrowers.
1. Take better care of it than if it was yours.
(This was originally "treat it like it was your own", but I have a friend who treats his stuff like sh*t.)
2. Return it promptly.
3. DON'T MAKE ME ASK TO GET IT BACK!

Violation of any one of the three results in loss of privileges.

I NEVER lend my generators or chainsaws. NEVER!
I unfortunately have a wife that always takes their side, and always wants to do for them.
We were working outside doing heavy yard work, and they were gardening. My wife left me to help them.. while I was steaming mad that she thought it more important to help them then to help me.

She never ever will take my side, always taking the side of do whatever it takes to keep them friends, even if they walk all over me. When they dismantled the regulator on the grill and the part was lost, she insisted I drop the conversation about replacing it. When he returned my chain saw with the bar hanging off because he lost the nuts, leave it alone, just ignore it.... over and over. She just wants to remain friends and unconfrontational. I just want stuff to be on an equal footing. And to me that's taking care of things, and not taking advantage of either party.

Ah yes, this "neighbour" business...

Reminds me of a co-worker I once had...
One lunchtime I was in the break room having my lunch and this co-worker came in for lunch only to discover that she had forgotten it at home. I knew she lived a fair ways away so I offered her half of mine -- I had easily enough homemade chili and dinner buns so I divvied it up and all was good. The next day she came into the break room and pulled out a Ritz cracker with a nickel-sized slice of deli ham on it. "there, we're even" she said.
Same co-worker borrowed one of my big extension cords (sound familiar) to do some yard work or something. Several days later it was left in a big snarl outside my office door....
And one of the best ones as far as I was concerned is when her daughter was moving and she asked me to keep an eye out for large boxes as they came through and to not break them down so she could take them home for moving boxes. Sure, no prob's, so I saved a bunch and would give them to her every few days. About a month later (I'm assuming after the move) she brought them back for me to throw away!

When he returned my chain saw
You wanna borrow my chainsaw you leave $1600 cash on my porch . You have to be nuts to lend a chainsaw . My neighbors are more well off than I will ever be , they can afford to purchase one . Not knowing how to use one I doubt that would happen . :grin:

I would not have a relationship with an as-h-le like that…His situation is more important than the respect for someone else property… and he feels he can take anything from you place??? That is one self righteous prick!

I got my neighbors lined out the first few years I lived here. The one neighbor was good. Actually better than a security system. After the wife left she'd watch over my house. I'd come home and find a note in my mailbox listing who showed up in my driveway (description, license plate number and how many). She passed 8 or 9 years ago, I miss her.
Then I got new neighbors. After one summer of their all night loud parties during the week including fistfights that spilled over into my yard, garbage all up and down the street I had enough. Invited my motorcycle club over for a weekend of depraved drunken yee-hawing.
During the next week that neighbor came over and wanted to know if my buddies might have made off with his girlfriend (probably) and if I'd seen his garbage cans.
I was told later he'd considered calling the cops on me, but wasn't sure what the repercussions might be.

I unfortunately have a wife that always takes their side, and always wants to do for them.
We were working outside doing heavy yard work, and they were gardening. My wife left me to help them.. while I was steaming mad that she thought it more important to help them then to help me.

She never ever will take my side, always taking the side of do whatever it takes to keep them friends, even if they walk all over me. When they dismantled the regulator on the grill and the part was lost, she insisted I drop the conversation about replacing it. When he returned my chain saw with the bar hanging off because he lost the nuts, leave it alone, just ignore it.... over and over. She just wants to remain friends and unconfrontational. I just want stuff to be on an equal footing. And to me that's taking care of things, and not taking advantage of either party.
My wife is very none confrontational but she knows better than to take the other side. I have been known to be irrational about some things like the insane weird stunts the neighbor has done. And usually SO can talk me down but that all changed when she got the full brunt of this nutbar next doors insanity. Until then she thought it had to be we are both at fault and just cut them some slack. But not after the nutbar called the cops on SO for harassment when the nutbar screamed at her in the local gas station when SO had not even seen nutbar. Being a professional she is bound to try and help and when she asked what was wrong nutbar went totally into whirling dervish mode. That’s when nutbar called the cops saying SO harassed nutbar. The list of insanity goes on but suffice to say I get no more talks about what’s my part in this cluster. We have to chalk it up to nutbar is off it’s meds.

I am not interested in cutting ties, my wife would kill me in my sleep :rolleyes: . I just needed to vent, because while I am not a people person, he is not either. His wife is like the mayor, she knows everyone's business, and while I am not a fan, especially with her whining, my wife is friendly with her. They drink together at 5pm during the summer many nights. I'd like to keep my jewels if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Back