Youtube and neighbors

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Youtube changed the order of the speed in the settings, it used to be the second item from top and now it's the 3rd. I usually speed up videos to watch them faster, 1.5, 1.75 and 2 are my preferred speeds. I keep hitting the second out of habit... what a pain in the A.

Now watching my neighbor blow all his leaves over to my property. It's a yearly thing. He won't pick them up tells me they would blow over to me anyway, and when they don't he does it for them. After watching him do this over and over, he planted deciduous trees 10 feet from the property line (maples) just to add to the leaf output. I think it's wrong that he pushes them over, but he always says they'll blow over anyway... Also he always seems to wait until after I complete my leaf collection... :burned up:

Just had to vent a little... ok a lot.

My new neighbor built a mansion and put up a fence around it . The fence blocks the wind and my Maple has gone thru this fence twice now . Never had any issues before the fence was built . My leaves make it over to his yard over the fence as it is . :dunno:I maintained this lot for over 30 years with the previous owners , picking up branches , leaves , dead trees etc . Wasn't my idea to build a huge built in pool 20 ft from my Maple shade tree . :grin:

That's quite different. They knew that the trees were there. He put up the trees right by my volleyball courts. I was worried the maples would overhang them.. still am.

This neighbor is friendly with us. But has some weird sense of right and wrong.
While we were away on vacation one year they buggered up their regulator threads on the grill.
So he came over to my house dismantled mine and used it. When I got home my grill was missing the piece. He told me he returned it.. I said it's not on there, he said he left it on top of the grill... WTF why didn't you put it back on? He refused to buy one, to replace it.

He borrowed my post hole digger, it was in my garage. I called him asking for it back, and he said I returned it weeks ago, its behind your shed.
WTF

During a major storm, they borrowed a generator and later when the basement flooded, my 100ft of 12 gauge cord. The cord was in the murky water... when they returned it, his wife put it on my kitchen table... I'm like WTF that's all dirty why'd you put it on the table.. "So you could see I returned it"... I could see if you put it on the floor by the entrance.. she got all mad at me.

He's an engineer, and in my mind no common sense. I could go on and on... some of it is hilarious how clueless someone could be..
They think I'm weird and THE Problem. I may be weird, but I'm not the problem.

Alls I can say is city folks don't belong in the country . :grin: We have new houses and neighbors complain of campfire smoke .The sheriffs have showed up here and my other neighbors house numerous times this past year . The only question they ask is if we live in a HOA which we don't . They only say " enjoy your fires " . :encourage:

Alls I can say is city folks don't belong in the country . :grin: We have new houses and neighbors complain of campfire smoke .The sheriffs have showed up here and my other neighbors house numerous times this past year . The only question they ask is if we live in a HOA which we don't . They only say " enjoy your fires " . :encourage:
As long as it's not a windy day blowing directly into the house and causing a fire hazard, I don't see a problem. If it's not elevating and blowing sideways with the embers blowing at the house, I do see a problem.

It works both ways. You have to use common sense.

That's quite different. They knew that the trees were there. He put up the trees right by my volleyball courts. I was worried the maples would overhang them.. still am.

While we were away on vacation one year they buggered up their regulator threads on the grill.
So he came over to my house dismantled mine and used it. When I got home my grill was missing the piece. He told me he returned it.. I said it's not on there, he said he left it on top of the grill... WTF why didn't you put it back on? He refused to buy one, to replace it.

He borrowed my post hole digger, it was in my garage. I called him asking for it back, and he said I returned it weeks ago, its behind your shed.
WTF

During a major storm, they borrowed a generator and later when the basement flooded, my 100ft of 12 gauge cord. The cord was in the murky water... when they returned it, his wife put it on my kitchen table... I'm like WTF that's all dirty why'd you put it on the table.. "So you could see I returned it"... I could see if you put it on the floor by the entrance.. she got all mad at me.

He's an engineer, and in my mind no common sense. I could go on and on... some of it is hilarious how clueless someone could be..

I would definitely be less friendly with a neighbor like that, not hostile, but much cooler.

I have three rules for borrowers.
1. Take better care of it than if it was yours.
(This was originally "treat it like it was your own", but I have a friend who treats his stuff like sh*t.)
2. Return it promptly.
3. DON'T MAKE ME ASK TO GET IT BACK!

Violation of any one of the three results in loss of privileges.

I NEVER lend my generators or chainsaws. NEVER!

I live on weird road. It's like someone had the idea to build a suburban neighborhood in the middle of a rice field but only did one street of houses before losing interest. The lots are all about an acre but I'm on 3 lots. Most of the neighbors only have 1. We are outside the city limits, so no noise ordinance, burn restrictions, or restrictions on shooting. One time a neighbor knocked on my door wanting me to sign a petition to start up a HOA and I laughed in their face.

I have a 100yd shooting range in my back yard and back when I was regularly shooting (before the "pandemic induced" ammo shortage) a new neighbor moved in across the street who called the sheriff the first few times I was out shooting. They also called on my next door neighbors who partied late every weekend with loud music, shrill screams, and raucous laughter. And other neighbors for burning. After 6 months and at least adozen calls, they did right by all involved and moved back to the city where they belong.

Our nearest neighbor is 1/3rd mi. away.. We are on generally good terms with all the neighbors. The only problem that I have at the moment is with the four legged kind. Beavers have dammed up our stream so the water is backed up almost the entire 1/2 mile of our property line. All the trees along the stream have died , the water flow is essentially nonexistent, and the stream bed has risen more than a foot due to silting. The dam is actually a half mile downstream on a neighbor's property and creates a small lake for him.

WTF

that isn't a weird sense of right and wrong, that's being a thoughtless selfish douchebag. That would make me put everything in the shed or garage when I'm not there and double lock the doors.

I'm lucky. I share a private rode with 8 full time and a couple more absentee neighbors. We each have between 3-14 acres of heavily wooded land on the top of a hill surrounded by a wildlife preserve. (Texas Hill Country). Some of my neighbors are my best friends, others good friends. We do borrow tools and stuff from each other but EVERYONE has been respectful of that and promptly returns tools, clean and back where they are stored. We occasionally go in together to share the cost of rental equipment to maintain our shared road and I have gone in half with my immediate neighbor on a few more expensive tools like a 12' flatbed trailer. Almost everyone that shared our road built their home themselves so when we have block parties we tend to gravitate to house building stories :). Pretty much a best case scenario.

Back