You're Wrong,...

snip - The thrust of my question was due to the fact that I used the search function to sort through information already contained in threads similar to the topic I was trying to learn. My only question was whether to revive old threads with conflicting responses in them to set the record straight for others who might use the search function instead of starting a new thread on my topic and having to wait for responses... snip
Absolutely post in the old thread. Why, because you have an alternative opinion which may help the next pilgrim interested in the subject. Don't ignore the missing manhole cover.

Don't "+Quote" the post that contains the info you think is defective. By not Quoting the original, you are NOT creating an automatic notification back to the author. No point in waking that sleeping dog.

Instead post something like this; I have been researching this subject and I need to express an alternative opinion to some information I read above. My intention is not to criticize the previous author but to provide information which I find more helpful. What I read was "bla-bla-bla from the post you disagree with". My research indicates that the correct information is bla-bla-bla. YMMV

Back