Your Truck Might Be A Beater Truck If...

You know if you have an old beater when you have to reach out the window to open the door. My grandpa had one like this.

I grew up in the country and laugh at all of the above. How about when every time you go around a corner hearing a noise like B.B.,s rolling around.
Later whent to change from defrost to heat and the control woud’t slide?
12 gauge shot gun shell had fell down the defroster vent and got hot enough that the crimp unfolded and the shot was rolling around in the bottom of the heater assembly.
Thanks ron

You know you have a beater truck ....

When they break into it, are embarrassed, and leave you a better radio and an apology :D

When you drill 2 holes to hook the bungee into, to hold the door closed. Rather than fix the latch.
When the hubs are rusted into LOCK, and you don't care. Ain't gonna see pavement anyway.
When the serpentine belt gets split in 2, lengthwise, and you are happy you got a SPARE!
None mine, but I WAS there. I ain't gone that far, but I DO understand, I do.

Silence- mine are named "ol spot" for it's varied colors AND faithfulness, "Bruiser" for it's 'factory' color scheme (black, brown, and faded red. The ride quality plays in here as well), and "old horse", just because it's a 71 Bronco.

you haven't taken the key out of the ignition in years.

When your core support has 2x4 bushings !!!
When it takes as much transmission fluid as it does gas to get to work.

When your sitting on the milk crate and you have to be careful stomping on the starter button on the floor board so you don’t end up with a second hole in the floor...

You take the truck to the city, and all them fancy cars don't crowd you, instead give you a wide berth and open road.

Back