Your Truck Might Be A Beater Truck If...

I refer to mine as a work truck.
View attachment 113497
Yea shes old and could use some paint but it's paid for and still gets 30 miles a gallon.
And when I open the hood I can see the motor no plastic covers.
*****Later*************G****************
Forget the Mercedes pickup...is that a locomotive in your backyard?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forget the Mercedes pickup...is that a locomotive in your backyard?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What's that lathe in the back ground to the right, with the tailstock sticking out of the tarp?

Definition of a beater truck...
Simple....

It is THE ONE you head to... when you want to get something DONE!

In my case... I use a LWB Express 3500 for business. When I need a beater truck... I hitch up the trailer behind the van.
The van must stay looking kinda presentable for my 'well off' customers... :)

When the three on the tree linkage finally falls totally apart when your 2 states from home!
The only option is to stop and reach in the back to pull the hose’s from the acetylene torch inside to cut a hole in the floor so you partner can reach through the floor to shift the 2 arms on the side of the tyranny!
Hey be careful with your head down there!

When you got a good beater truck. It's got a name. My truck is called Minnie Pearl. And I do believe that truck is worth $1.98(trouble is that price tag keeps coming off the antenna).

When the three on the tree linkage finally falls totally apart when your 2 states from home!
The only option is to stop and reach in the back to pull the hose’s from the acetylene torch inside to cut a hole in the floor so you partner can reach through the floor to shift the 2 arms on the side of the tyranny!
Hey be careful with your head down there!

I know what you mean---my clutch ball linkage on the motor broke when I was in eastern Colorado in sub zero weather---I had to feel the rpm and shift the 4 speed by ear without a clutch to get back to Minnesota---maybe younger members don't know how to do that.---to get gas I had to get near the pump in second gear and shut the motor off.--then I could start up in gear to get going again---I still have that 1970 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 that I bought in 1976---Dave

Vtcnc ,
Yup its a land train. You can catch the build here: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/my-next-project.25250/
Ken,
Thats my Sidney lathe under the tarp. I find I'm machine rich and roof poor. If I could get her in the shop I would not be able to close the doors. Am talking to my friend with the custom hot rod shop about moving her down there to be out of the weather.
******G*******

you wouldn't believe it that he drives through the river and gets his shoes wet---he uses it to haul wood and pull stumps--the frame rusted in half but he used a chain and a binder to hold it together. it is an 86 model---he drives it daily but he has to drive in the ditches cause they won't let him on the road anymore---it is 4wd with posi and chains on all wheels--------by the way Lester is a retired A-one machinist------admire it---DaveView attachment 113625

Does he Bo Duke it in through the window?

I had a 76 Dodge D-100, slant 6, 3 on the tree. it had so much rot the cab settled around the frame and made it miserable to shift at all.

It was so ugly we named it Rodney, as in Dangerfield, it never got any respect!

Back