Your dream machines...

Pcmaker

Registered
Registered
If money were not an issue as well as the trouble of finding the machines, which mill and lathe would you get?

I keep hearing about how good Mori Seiki lathes are. Makes me want to get one.

I would get a McLaren 720s.
Wait.. you said lathe or mill. Hmmmm. I don't know but I sure will be interested in what the pros on here have to say. I am currently looking at a LeBlond Regal Servo Shift lathe but what do I know :dunno:

I've only been in this trade for 45 years , so this is OMO.
15" Clausing Colchester
Hardinge HLV-H 11"
Bridgeport Milll
B & S 618 Micromaster SG

I've been up for 36 hrs so excuse my spelling . Jeff in California is one short of the list . Check his posts out .

Spelling corrected . ;)

Last edited:
It would be good to have the brackets and gearing to turn my mill into a universal mill, but other than that, I don't need/want anthing bigger. better, heavier, CNCed,.....

As for the lathe, I really don't have any limitations it is imposing on what I want to do with it.

Looks like I just saved myself a pile of cash !!!!

I was lucky to get my dream lathe a LeBlond 15X60 Regal servo.

One day I might find a Mikron FM2 mill. I love using Mikron mills, til then (sigh) I'll have to live with Bridgeport clones...

I had a couple of those Regals .All were servo shifts , they were very nice lathes . All in all , I would take my Colchester back , just my opinion . The Regals were a little bit short on the bed length , but damn they were good .

My bed length is way too long, but it is better to have it too big than too little. I love how the controls work - after a few minutes it seems like my other lathes are clunky. Except for the tailstock being .003 high, it is super accurate.

I've been suearching for a Mikron, but the only ones I've found need to be imported from Switzerland.

Back