Young Friend in Much Pain

Allan

Active User
Registered
Hi, Guys.
We have an 11 year old friend who broke his ankle playing football in the spring. The leg healed fine but he now has mysterious intense pain that has spread to the other leg as well. It a rare but known condition. The pain is so bad that even a ceiling fan blowing is excruciating. He asked his dad the other day if he can have his leg amputated! He says it feels like someone poured gasoline on his leg and lit it. They are hoping to get to a clinic in Boston where they specialize in this but the system wants to exhaust all possibilities in Canada first. The Canadian system is like a glacier- it is moving, you just can't tell it's moving.

Parents are feeling totally helpless. Pray for doctors and administrators to have compassion, insight, wisdom and plain passion to find a solution. We have a Great Healer.

So sorry to hear that. I hope they get it sorted out quickly.

Bummer, I knew someone that had that, it's no fun. Prayers to the lad and his family.

"Billy G"

Sorry to hear about the young man, He and his family be in our prayers.

Paul

I hope you don't mind that this is an Episcopal prayer, but it is what I know.

O Father of mercies and God of all comfort, our only help in time of need:
We humbly beseech thee to behold, visit and relieve thy sick servant, for whom our prayers are desired.
Look upon him with the eyes of thy mercy; comfort him with a sense of thy goodness; preserve him from the temptations of the enemy;
and give him patience under his affliction. In thy good time, restore him to health, and enable him to lead the residue of his life in thy fear, and to thy glory;
and grant that finally he may dwell with thee in life everlasting; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Thanks, Nelson.
How are things with your son & family ?
Al

Back