You Think You Are Having A Bad Day, Look At This!!!

Google bridge torn down in England by truck, too busy right now.

David,

That link you posted, my Google Chrome does not like it. Blocked it big time! Is there an chance of posting a picture, jepg file directly?

Thanks, Ken

Or skyway bridge crash here in ontario not long ago. Big dump truck with extra long dump, left it up as he drove into the bridge. Not pretty.

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=skyway bridge crash

David
I was driving home one day on I85. I passed the bed of a large dump truck parked in the right lane (Just the bed!) The truck was about 1/4 miles further down the road pulled over. Yes, he had the bed lifted up a little and hit a bridge. It had happened minutes earlier. Apparently some have shear pins for this very reason.
Robert

That dump truck driver was drunk and had an open bottle in the cab, but due to the time delay prior to testing him, all the drunk driving charges were thrown out. They tested him after the police and others were sure the bridge would stay standing and no one was hurt when the scaffolding came down. After 5 hrs he still blew way over but that was 2 hours too long to be legal. Horse pucks! Dump trucks should not be able to roll at high speeds with the box up. Faulty interlocks or non existent interlocks. Too many of these types of crashes happen.

We've got a low clearance rail overpass on the inner loop around Tyler. Many, many times over the years trucks have had issues getting under it. Some have gotten stuck, but it was close enough to just let the air out of the tires and back out. Some not so close. Finally, after many years and many accidents, they are building a new overpass. It is quite a project. You can't just swerve over to a new route with a RR......the shift must be pretty gradual, so it takes a lot of room to move over. I think they may be just about done with it, but it has taken several years. Probably red tape and changing the right of way, etc. Looks really kind of funny, because it isn't all that much higher, but I guess the incline can't be too abrupt either, so it takes some distance to gain a foot or two of elevation. I haven't been on that side of town (opposite me) in a while, so they may be done. I think my dad nearly got caught under it once, but realized it was going to be close, so did a double check and stopped to re-route.

If your talking about the track by hwy 31, no still working it.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

As a truck driver, all these bridge hits could have been avoided if the driver would do a walk around inspection after EVERY DUMP! I have run many yards of gravel through a 10 yard and NEVER hit a bridge or overpass.
Iv hauled oversize loads and never hit a permanent structure.
On the other hand, I have torn down dozens of illegal overhead lines.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

We have two places in town that have low clearance. Both are just over 10 foot. With all the signage installed leading up to either one, they are still hit fairly regularly. I have suggested that there be a swinging pole that crosses the roads just after the last cross street so that if you are too high you might notice before the hitting the bridge. I know that I have seen these used in rail yards and other places. This fell on deaf ears.
image.jpg

Back