You make the call !

Just got the call , so here we go !

• Dig in deep head first ?

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Climb out while I can ?

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Go halfway in and disperse some of the dirt ?

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Watch the equipment and tooling go into the dumpster ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cut grass and cut wood ?

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
For the right price, I'm in a good place to buy the Republic lathe if you can load it on a motor carrier headed all the way west. If the steady rest is anywhere around where that misplaced threading dial is camping, let me know!

While I was typing this , I just got the call to go over and make my list . I would have to remove everything within 2 weeks . :cautious: If you have anything on your wish lists , let me know . I only have so much space . :)
Mag sin plate or regular sin plate, radius dresser and rotary table for the 8530 please!

The threading dial is there . There is a one handed trav-a-dial on it but I found the the threading dial in another cabinet . I need to go thru this tomorrow and group the tooling with the machines they go with . Everything is just thrown everywhere as this was a maintenance shop and the equipment was used very sparingly .

The vise, and bench grinder, would be good, except shipping.

I'd put myself 2nd in line for a 6" rotary table if you find one!

Dave,
You really have that much energy?
I’m already wore out just thinking of moving, finding a buyer, dealing with the payment and shipping costs today?

Are you taking any industrial pain medications? They work better with a few beers. Hey, I read that somewhere!

They really do not have any nice tooling , ie . rotary tables , dividing heads etc . Maybe some boring heads , insert cutters , couple of Kurt vises . They have a surface plate there which would be a score . The Jet band saw and the horizontal saw are keepers I think .

Dave,
You really have that much energy?
I’m already wore out just thinking of moving, finding a buyer, dealing with the payment and shipping costs today?

Are you taking any industrial pain medications? They work better with a few beers. Hey, I read that somewhere!
LMAO . No meds for me . I will indulge in a few beers on occasion though . Sun up , sun down ...................you get the picture Jeff . I figure this will be a double trip with 2 trailers . They have a forklift to load them . I'll rent a drop bed for the larger lathe , just safer than winching down off my big trailer . The smaller machines aren't an issue . Today I made sure all machines ran , which they did . The tooling for each is spread out so I'll need to round it up to see what I think it's worth . The Hardinge lathe I told them to keep and bring it to my shop in the other plant . The vises and smaller stuff will most likely be scrapped if I don't buy them . I have the space for all of what I've shown , just don't ask me to open the garage door in the near future ! :grin:

You all know where this is going I hope . I'll have my original basement back soon , and a lathe and mill , a saw or two will be in it . I see this as just another rabbit hole . I've been down more than a few of these holes in 45 years or so , it's not a big deal for me . Now , all's I have to do is ask my daughter for a low rate loan ! ;)

I made up my list and marked the equipment today . I guess I'll find something out first thing Monday . :encourage:

How much ya gettin? Ya gonna be downsizing again in a year or so? :laughing:

Back