Yesssss New (to Me) Southbend Model A 9"

Threadkiller

Registered
Registered
Whats up everyone? After many months of scouring Craigslist for a good lathe in my price range I finally found one. I just wanted to share my newest addition with you all. I Got a killer deal on a Southbend Model A 9" with a quick change gear box over the weekend. Its still in my truck, gotta figure out the best way to get it out without killing myself or hurting the lathe. Here's some pics, I'm so pumped to use it. Any comments, tricks, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rocco

Southbend 1.JPG southbend 2.JPG southbend 3.JPG

lol I will get some better ones tomorrow after I get it out of the truck. Right now its still in the bed of the truck covered with a tarp because its raining and my truck is too big to fit in my garage. Its killing me.

lol I will get some better ones tomorrow after I get it out of the truck. Right now its still in the bed of the truck covered with a tarp because its raining and my truck is too big to fit in my garage. Its killing me.
I know how it is brother, I can't tell you how many times I loaded or unloaded something in the dark. I'm just as anxious to see it as you are to get it unloaded.

Looks good . Get it cleaned up and start makeing chips . hope you also got some goodies to go with it. Good luck.

I don't know about you but with me it's like Xmas morning and I'm made to wait to open it. New toys ,,, tools always make me feel giddy. Heck I'm 60 and disabled to boot.

The nighttime silhouette looks like it's a 4 & a 1/2 foot bed......cool if it is.

Congratulations on a nice find. My tip is not to put the hold-down strap over any part of your spindle. Just sayin'....

Best,
T2

Back