Yep I did it !

COMachinist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I was up grading the mounts for my Lathe DRO removed the compound from the cross slide. Then proceeded to put them some place so they would not get lost. Yes I forgot where I put them, can’t find them anyplace, not in tool boxes not on the lathe or in the coolant tray. Every thing is back together and ready to do a small job today and got the compound ready to install and no da*# Tee nuts and bolts. and I’m going in for a full knee replacement, The17th of this month.
Things never go as planned does it. Getting old sucks.
CH

Just another joy of the aging process. I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth worrying about. Not like it's going to stop happening. This is why I always have at least several projects laying out at a time. That way when, not if, I misplace something, I just go to work on something else until I trip over what ever it was that went missing. Cheers, Mike

Last edited:
Ok fellow Hobbyist slept on it over night. Oh I remember where Iput them, yep they were right where I put them. In a safe place where I keep important nuts and bolts for the lathe, on the top self of my lathe accessory’s rack. Darn I thought I looked there. Big red Face.
CH

I'm a slob and suffer from horizontalitis plus some some CRS. Missing parts is my que to clean up and put everything away. The hard part is finishing the clean up after I find the missing item.
Well I been trying to keep things more organized in the shop lately I guess I’m just not used to clean organized place to work. Now where did I put my broom?
CH

Welcome to my world ! :grin: On a good note ,you'll find everything the day after you replace what you lost . :encourage: Hey CO , need any oil filter wrenches by chance ? :big grin:

Another note, I made new T Screws and nuts for the compound on my PM1030 lathe, the originals had distorted the top of the crossfeed so that the compound rocked a tiny bit before being secured.

I had to make new T bolts for the compound on my PM lathe. The originals were very soft and stripped. I made an extra set while I was at it but can't remember where I put them. I reorganized all my stuff a few months ago, big mistake.

Back