Yammering

All of the above an filtering with favorit list, My Phone is mostly Very quiet If you just answer à Phone to and whenever I want.
Not when they like it want it or need it. I always have My state on busy in whatsapp, leave à message and ill get back to ya when I can.
I let it go If the call is not My wife or My 2 kids and keep on working, always in silent mode.
After à while whiners stop calling you.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: kvt
Hard of hearing, I'm having a hard time hearing you. Even at work, if I do not know who you are or a know the number is a sales person, I will not answer. When at work the cell phone is in a bag, When in the car it is in the back of the car in the bag, when at home it is in the bag or on my wife's charger I have special ring tones for ones I like, Wife kid, grand kid, mother etc. If not one of them and I am not expecting a call they can leave a message or forget it. If it is important They will leave the message and the next time I look at my phone I will find the message. I us it so little at times the battery runs out, and I do not even know it until the wife ask and then it gets charged back up.

My wife (early in our marrage) asked me one time, while I was engrossed in a project " What are you thinking?"
Knowing it was a conversation starting question, and not being in a "yammering" mood, I answered
" What I could do with a monkey, a case of motor oil, a shopping buggy, three bananas and a number 2 pencil."

There was a short moment of silence. Then I said
" I know what your thinking, "What the he'll does he need the number 2 pencil for?" "
I then walked away.

She has never asked that question again!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

There was a blacksmith doing daily demos for the tourists and he frequently got interrupted by tourists asking questions so he put up a sign that read"the blacksmith is deaf". When the tourists moved on past his station, there was another sign that read "so why is the radio on?". (true story)

This relates to visitors. There was once a lady who always kept her hat on a rack next to the front door. If the doorbell rang, she would put on her hat and open the door. If it's someone that she wanted to see, she say that she just got back. Take her hat off and invite the person in. If it was someone that she did not want to see. she stated that she was on her way out. She then kept her hat on, closed the door and went for a short walk.

Reminds me of Emily Carr, a well-known yet somewhat eccentric artist who lived and painted here on the west coast in the early part of the 20th century. She lived alone, save for some pets one of which was a monkey, and although she had chairs in her little abode they were slung from the ceiling. The story goes that if you happened to call and she wanted you to stay, she would let down a chair. If she didn't, well, there simply wasn't anywhere to sit.

-frank

How about getting me a beer, not in the house at the discount store across town

Last edited:
Back