WW2 era machines found their way to my shop

I have a model 40h and i love it. Check Winkys workshop on youtube he has been working on one. Ian Matthews as well, and mine is on there under cyclebuster. On the top left of the knee elevation keyway you will find the model and serial number. Mine was made in April of 43, and sent to AC spark plugs in Saginaw Mi. Index is in Muskegon still, and they have every engineering drawing in stock, as well as some parts.

Here is the invoice i got from wells index. someone must have changed the motor back to a standard one, as i have 1120 rpm and 1740, forward and reverse. The coolant sys is missing, s well as the x powerfeed. Top speed i measured now is 3800 rpm.
1000004315.jpg

some of that powerfeed oem stuff is far gone. i suggest you not even look, and convert it to an aftermarket feed. while i use bs9, because i have it, you may want to buy a bs9 1inch and run straight shank stuff. I have a bs9 1 1/4 holder i am going to make into an er 40 or larger collet holder. I have a micro collet set in a 3/4 spindle that fits in my BS9, so i can do micro sizes even. the best tool i got for it was an 1 1/8 x18 adaptor, as that is a very common size for boring heads, etc. i got a 1 1/4 mill arbor and i run a 5 in lovejoy carbide face mill. I seriously hope to find a long table for mine someday.

some of that powerfeed oem stuff is far gone. i suggest you not even look, and convert it to an aftermarket feed. while i use bs9, because i have it, you may want to buy a bs9 1inch and run straight shank stuff. I have a bs9 1 1/4 holder i am going to make into an er 40 or larger collet holder. I have a micro collet set in a 3/4 spindle that fits in my BS9, so i can do micro sizes even. the best tool i got for it was an 1 1/8 x18 adaptor, as that is a very common size for boring heads, etc. i got a 1 1/4 mill arbor and i run a 5 in lovejoy carbide face mill. I seriously hope to find a long table for mine someday.
I bought an er32 b&s #9 adapter, and a set of er32 collets from 1/16 to 13/16.
A local shop was bought out by my boss, and i found many hundreds of dollars worth of face mills, carbide inserts, end mills, ball mills, slitting saws,etc, when we cleaned the building out

Back