WW2 era machines found their way to my shop

Nice find. Always nice to see some old equipment saved. Some of it is built better than todays equipment, although it may not be as fast is some things. But a dro installation can do wonders for making the old stuff more functional and easier to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice machines. When we had our manufacturing business back in the 1990’s, we had a 200 ton stamping press that was a WWII relic. It had the same decals about the finish on it.
Richard

Nice machines. When we had our manufacturing business back in the 1990’s, we had a 200 ton stamping press that was a WWII relic. It had the same decals about the finish on it.
Richard
we have a business in town here, Sheyenne Tooling, that has a press like that. they said it takes 10 minutes for it to spool up the massive flywheel before it's ready to do work. that's the place that my machines came from when they did upgrades to equipment. they make all kinds of stuff for John Deere, Bobcat, etc. they are on the web if you're interested.

@mopargoob I think you did very well! these machines are built like tanks and can be rebuilt many times before they are dead. Looking forward to more posts!

@mopargoob I think you did very well! these machines are built like tanks and can be rebuilt many times before they are dead. Looking forward to more posts!
The index mill is tight, the sheldon lathe was used HEAVILY to say the least. The insides of the apron has been repaired by a bubba, and needs a new leadscrew and other parts i cannot find.

Back