WTK Good led light for PM835 mill

One thing to consider is to have at least two or more lights to decrease shadowing. Also adding a spindle Halo ring light helps a lot. I use a 2 foot LED fixed light bar and a ring Halo light, so plenty of light and no problem with shadows. These are usually 12VDC but some operate over a range of voltages. Example of a light bar in the link below with aluminum body and glass cover. Make sure you get lights with a cover lens. The ring "Halo" lights are very common, usually one will get a set of automotive Halo lights, one can also do a ring within a ring for more light. You want a high output light bar, so the one below is listed at 10W or about equal to an 80-100W incandescent, mine is an industrial type that I picked up for $30 but listed at much more. Added advantage is they run cool and stay out of your way.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lunasea-Mu...Bar-48-Cool-White-LEDs-24-LLB-32/272959702301
20161121_154119.jpg
20161121_162131.jpg
20161121_163600.jpg

I bought one, Tom, and find the light a bit weak. It is handy to place on machines, though.
Bob,

Did you buy the 20 LED model or the 10 LED model? I bought two of the 20's, mounted one one each side of the head to eliminate shadows and I find them to be more than bright enough. It may make a difference how they are positioned and on which machine. Mine are on an LMS 5500 (SIEG SX2.7). May not be enough for a larger machine.

Tom

Edit: Thinking back, I do remember the shadow was bad with just one light mounted, but the second light took care of it.

Did you buy the 20 LED model or the 10 LED model? I bought two of the 20's, mounted one one each side of the head to eliminate shadows and I find them to be more than bright enough. It may make a difference how they are positioned and on which machine. Mine are on an LMS 5500 (SIEG SX2.7). May not be enough for a larger machine.
Mine has 30 lights, bought because of a recommendation from someone on H-M (you?) a few months ago. I used the link supplied to buy the light, though the seller may have pulled a bait and switch...

Mine has 30 lights, bought because of a recommendation from someone on H-M (you?) a few months ago. I used the link supplied to buy the light, though the seller may have pulled a bait and switch...
Bob,
I went back and found the thread that you may be talking about (last August) and woodchucker said he had a similar 30 LED light that he was disappointed in. Maybe the same light you got.

Tom

Bob,
I went back and found the thread that you may be talking about (last August) and woodchucker said he had a similar 30 LED light that he was disappointed in. Maybe the same light you got.

Tom
Well, it was cheap, and it works...

Bump for any more insights on a good ring light for the PM833? Thanks in advance for the help!

One thing to consider is to have at least two or more lights to decrease shadowing. Also adding a spindle Halo ring light helps a lot. I use a 2 foot LED fixed light bar and a ring Halo light, so plenty of light and no problem with shadows. These are usually 12VDC but some operate over a range of voltages. Example of a light bar in the link below with aluminum body and glass cover. Make sure you get lights with a cover lens. The ring "Halo" lights are very common, usually one will get a set of automotive Halo lights, one can also do a ring within a ring for more light. You want a high output light bar, so the one below is listed at 10W or about equal to an 80-100W incandescent, mine is an industrial type that I picked up for $30 but listed at much more. Added advantage is they run cool and stay out of your way.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lunasea-Mu...Bar-48-Cool-White-LEDs-24-LLB-32/272959702301
View attachment 260881
View attachment 260879
View attachment 260880
Mark -
How did you attach the LED ring to the mill?

Back