WTK Good led light for PM835 mill

chiroone

Registered
Registered
I’m looking to get a good LED light I could easily mount onthe PM 835 mill. I’m thinking maybe something with a magnetic base or something I could mount relatively easy on the head. Anyone have any thoughts?

i found a led sewing machine light recently that has a magnetic base, which i attach to the side of my Kurt vise on my mill. Keeps the light close to the work and does a great job -- Jack

I have 2 of these 20 LED magnetic lights from Amazon on my bench mill. One on each side of the mill head to eliminate shadows. I have no idea how many lumens, but plenty more than enough. They also make a 10 LED model.

Tom

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41gQJ3KbVNL.jpg

I have 2 of these 20 LED magnetic lights from Amazon on my bench mill. One on each side of the mill head to eliminate shadows. I have no idea how many lumens, but plenty more than enough. They also make a 10 LED model.

Tom

View attachment 260826
By the way, do you have a link for that one?

I got 2 off road flood lights (not spot lights), like for a jeep or ATV, for my cnc mill. Aluminum waterproof housing, bunches of lumens, 12V. LEDs and run them off of an old Xbox power supply (from the computer nerd store for $5).
Looking at 2nd hand shops for goose neck lamps to make other machine lights using the same off-road innards.

Tormach sells a ring light for their mills. It clamps on to spindles up to 100 mm in diameter.

In reality you can use just about any light that was designed for standard base incandescent bulbs. I was looking for a rough service incandescent bulb for the light on my Sheldon lathe. I stopped at Home Depot and asked someone in the lighting department where to find them. He pointed me in the direction of the LED's. I said I wasn't interested because of the cost and the fact that I'd need a new fixture or socket.

As it turned out the LED's were cheaper than the old rough service bulbs, and they are compatible with the older incandescent sockets. The best part is the LEDs are encased in a plastic case identical to the glass case of the old incandescent bulbs. I bought a couple and have been pleasantly surprised with the quality of light they produce.

Here's a link to the lights I purchased:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips...ht-A19-LED-Light-Bulb-2-Pack-463000/206923058

Here's a picture of the fixture I installed one in. Keep in mind this is a 1960's era machine that used a standard incandescent light.

Sheldon 3.jpg

Back