WTK any info on Nardini lathe

chiroone

Registered
Registered
This little beauty appeared in a local sales ad. It is a Nardini MS144O E. Seems to come with teo chucks and a DRO. Asking price is $4500. I’m just not familiar with Nardini I’m sure they’re an Asian lathe but not sure if they’re Chinese or Taiwanese. Anyone got any feedback on this model?

I thought made in
Brazil?
Correct. Also marketed in US under Do-All brand.

One appeared on CL near me; I did not buy it, but read many positive comments on various boards about the product then.

Hadn't heard of them before, but poking about they seem to be pretty well regarded. Does it come with a steady?

Nice machines, Nardini made lathes for many years.
But far to costly and large for the average home shop user. The small models are rather large for a home shop as well, unless of course one has a very large home (-:

Overall looks very nice, but make sure you thoroughly check it out, or bring somone experienced with lathes with you. Actually quite well respected (most models) and very good lathes, but do you need something that heavy and large? It has a very long headstock and parts availability is very limited. The key factor is condition, and that everything works. Also consider the size of the motor which will most likely be 3 phase and how you are going to power it and the additional cost. Nice discussion on this model.

I did check with him, and that is a three phase motor, but apparently he’s already hooked up a VFD to it so it runs on standard 220 single phase

MKSJ, Your avatar looks like the PM1340 GT, is that correct? Even though that’s going to cost me a few more bucks, I think it might be better suited to my needs. It is a new lathe, parts availability and support I understand is excellent and I can be sure it’s not worn out

Ran a Clausing Nardini up to last year . Ours was a bit larger than this one but it was a nice lathe . No issues at all with it . I preferred the the 17" Colchester over it only because it was a much beefier machine when turning very large rollers . None the less , nice lathe .

Back