Wtb: Trav-a-dial With Baseplate

100LL

Registered
Registered
I would like to install a travadial on my lathe.

I can fab a bracket off my carriage...but need the whole assembly otherwise.

I run into them from time to time, I'll keep watch. Do you have a price range as they are expensive, even used. Ck. Ebay, none less than $300.00

"Billy G"

I think you are making an excellent choice! I have Trav-A-Dials on both my lathe and mill. I dislike the DRO’s because of their dancing number effect and I can’t really see myself coming up on the mark with just numbers flashing at me. With the Trav-A-Dail I can easily see the pointer and how much father I need to go, slow down near the end of the mark and so forth. They require a bit of proper set-up and a smooth straight surface to track on. You can find them on eBay for around $100-$200. Make sure you get the bottom bracket with it. And make sure they basically work. Replacement parts are not cheap. The felt wiper is not a big deal, you can make that. The crystal is about 23 bucks shipped the last time I bought one. The below pic is my Clausing 6900 with one mounted on the right side of the carriage. I use that Trav-A-Dial just about every time I turn the lathe on! I would be lost without it! It has worked flawlessly! Good Luck at your project…Dave.
travadial.JPG

I run into them from time to time, I'll keep watch. Do you have a price range as they are expensive, even used. Ck. Ebay, none less than $300.00

"Billy G"

Happy to pay in the 300 range for a complete working unit. Trick is finding one that doesn't need servicing and is respectably clean and complete. I'm keeping my fingers crossed will be patient.

The pic that Chips&More is of the trav-a-dial "silver bullet".
Are you looking for sliver or the newer black?

Daryl
MN

I'll take it! That is if no one else here does!!

I wonder if I could get the CL seller to ship?....

Daryl
MN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going near there today. I just texted the seller to see if I can pick it up for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's perfect. Great find! Thank you for the tip, can I send you $$ and a FedEx number?

Well I'll try and go pick it up today if he answers back. He hasn't yet.

Two of you want it. So I'm leaving it up to the two of you as to who gets it. I'm not going to be the one that makes the choice, I don't want to make an enemy of either of you.

Back