WTB lathe in the Carolinas

We go to Surfside Beach every year for 42 years now . :grin: I have 2 lathes up here at the moment , a 3996 Atlas Clausing and a 5917 Clausing . Both are 12" x 36" .
Nice area. We used to go to Pawleys Island quite a bit when I was kid. Just got back from Hilton Head a few days ago. I need a vacation from my vacation. I'll PM you about the lathes.

^^^^That man....

We go to Surfside Beach every year for 42 years now . :grin: I have 2 lathes up here at the moment , a 3996 Atlas Clausing and a 5917 Clausing . Both are 12" x 36" .
Great, what's your address?

Nice area. We used to go to Pawleys Island quite a bit when I was kid. Just got back from Hilton Head a few days ago. I need a vacation from my vacation. I'll PM you about the lathes.
Love the Carolina's. If I didn't work and have family here in Northern Ca. I think I would move.
I think I fell in love with South Carolina after reading," Beach Music".
I have since been an admirer.

Love the Carolina's. If I didn't work and have family here in Northern Ca. I think I would move.
I think I fell in love with South Carolina after reading," Beach Music".
I have since been an admirer.
Funny thing is I almost moved to Chico to take a position at Sierra Nevada brewing before we moved back to South Carolina after a 30 year stint in the Northwest. Then I looked into the housing situation post Paradise fire and dropped that idea like a hot rock. Never did like it much in Oregon or Washington and when the job here opened up I jumped on it.

Funny thing is I almost moved to Chico to take a position at Sierra Nevada brewing before we moved back to South Carolina after a 30 year stint in the Northwest. Then I looked into the housing situation post Paradise fire and dropped that idea like a hot rock. Never did like it much in Oregon or Washington and when the job here opened up I jumped on it.
Yeah,
I'm glad you were able to experience greed at it's best.
Contractors are charging over $300 a sq. ft to build a basic home.
Rent for a one bedroom apt is over $1,500 a month.
We have a housing crisis. College students come to Chico State, where are they going to stay? 1st and 2nd year may find a dorm and some have parents rich enough to buy them a home. The average time on the market is 8 days.
Just plain nuts.

You are living the dream in South Carolina.

Yeah,
I'm glad you were able to experience greed at it's best.
Contractors are charging over $300 a sq. ft to build a basic home.
Rent for a one bedroom apt is over $1,500 a month.
We have a housing crisis. College students come to Chico State, where are they going to stay? 1st and 2nd year may find a dorm and some have parents rich enough to buy them a home. The average time on the market is 8 days.
Just plain nuts.

You are living the dream in South Carolina.
I'm from California originally and know it all too well. The state doesnt fit my car or especially my firearm lifestyle. I would have been miserable there. It is pretty nice in the Charlotte area.

I have a old HS friend who finds the cheapest place to buy is at "Friendly Valley" in Santa Clarita CA. Luckily for her, she has no interest in a garage filled with machine tools and associated goodies. She needs a place to call home at a monthly price she can afford...

So , I had a great day ,a great weekend and really didn't put in much effort . I didn't sell anything machine shop oriented but sold over 6 grand . Should have another $3200 coming tomorrow . To the OP , I have the lathes still which were never advertised . I did dig out approx. 100 or so buckets of dirt around the patio of the " machine shop " basement and will be ready to finish grading tomorrow . I really enjoy the feeling of working for myself and my customers , and not my employer . I have 10 more months to go , and then I'll contract . 3 weeks off a year at 61 years old is kind of a slap in the face .

Back