WTB lathe in the Carolinas

wired

Registered
Registered
Looking for a home shop sized lathe to machine, cut metric and standard threads . I'm in Charlotte but can travel VA to GA.

What size? There is a used equipment dealer in Belmont and another one I believe in North Charlotte. Both advertise regularly on Craigs list.

Another dealer here in Atlanta.

Check with Dave here after his yard sale, and see what he has left. Maybe Disco Dan bought Dave out, and he'll have stuff to sell....

LOL Mike . I didn't have the tools or tooling out although I had people interested and they walked thru the garage . I told them to take my number for a another day when I wasn't running around like crazy . So yeah , I have the 2 lathes still , and making plans now for our yearly trip to SC ! :encourage:

I did sell a few things which picked me up some room in the garage though which is great and walked away with $1250 in the process . I need to do this weekly for a year or two if I wasn't on this terrible weekend nightshift .

Wired, check with this man....

LOL Mike . I didn't have the tools or tooling out although I had people interested and they walked thru the garage . I told them to take my number for a another day when I wasn't running around like crazy . So yeah , I have the 2 lathes still , and making plans now for our yearly trip to SC ! :encourage:

I did sell a few things which picked me up some room in the garage though which is great and walked away with $1250 in the process . I need to do this weekly for a year or two if I wasn't on this terrible weekend nightshift .
Making a trip to SC? And has lathes to sell? Tell me more :).

We go to Surfside Beach every year for 42 years now . :grin: I have 2 lathes up here at the moment , a 3996 Atlas Clausing and a 5917 Clausing . Both are 12" x 36" .

Back