Work hardening while drilling

You can heat it cherry red and letting cool slowly to bring it back to a more normal state.

It's inconsistent crap metal. I tested a few more pieces just drilling a 1/4" hole thru the 1/4" plate laid down flat and it did the same thing after 1/16", just depends where you drill. So, I separated the pieces and ground out the two 1/2 holes to length with an angle grinder, reattached and finished up with the drill bit. I liked the ball end mill idea but I don't have one nor a mill so this had to do.

It's commonly called SCRAP Frank with much emphasis on the last four letters. :whistle:

"Billy G" :rofl:

The question has crossed my mind whether or not they sell the same trash to their country men or simply ship it to other countries.

I would bet that the same quality is not sold for use with in China.

Several years ago my Dad sort of cleaned up around his farm and was grinning at the price he was being paid for half a century's collection of junk iron ranging from old cars, tractor parts, plow shares, tin roof material, etc, etc. Look like the Chinese are the ones grinning now!!!

Back