work bench

Re: work bench

Chris

Nice touch, that looks like a handy addition. just need a way to squeeze the arms together and you would have a way to make clients pay! LOL

Walter

Hi, nice workshop improvement. Just wondering if you had a specific reason for mounting the vise behind the front edge of your bench top?

Cheers Phil[attachimg=1]

Hey Phil ,it looks like a long ways back but it is only about 3 in.to center of the bolt hole from the edge. the frame for the bench top is 1 1/2" sq.tubing its as close to the edge as i could have made it if you look at the above pic before i welded the top on i welded flange nuts underneath so i could unbolt it from the top without using a wrench on the bottom and also it will rotate to the side but i can close it all the way and not hit the edge and another reason is if you look at my garage door opening it's pretty close to that distance from the wall to the opening so i can get my full size GMC in there in the winter "it's a tight fit but it fits". thanks for the reply. Chris.

Really a nice work bench, It really pays to plan ahead. And those tool box's are well worth the money. I got the 3 sections about 3 years ago after checking Craftsman's and others.

Paul

Real nice planning and when it comes together awesome. You just can't beat the price of those side boxes, they are great for the price.

Back