Wireless modem

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I am loosing the signal from my modem for some reason. When I start up my computer in the morning the computer has no signal, I then shut down the modem, restart it, and I have a connection again. I'm using a Media Link modem now, but would like to know what is out there with better range than this one.

Sorry Mike , can't help you out on that one . :)

Attachments

• sergeant-schultz-see-nothing-hear-nothing-know-nothing.gif
    sergeant-schultz-see-nothing-hear-nothing-know-nothing.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
How is the wifi device connected to the internet? The link to your ISP can make a big difference in the available options.

I am loosing the signal from my modem for some reason. When I start up my computer in the morning the computer has no signal, I then shut down the modem, restart it, and I have a connection again. I'm using a Media Link modem now, but would like to know what is out there with better range than this one.
Is your issue a modem side problem or a WiFi/Ethernet problem?

Netgear and TP-Link have good, reasonably priced products (check on Amazon). I usually separate the modem from the router to get better flexibility but there are good combined units out there. The modem must conform to your connection (cable or DSL) and the particular provider as otherwise they will blame your modem on any problems.

Good luck!

Ariel

And if you want to upgrade your WiFi

+

Are you not connected to the modem or is the modem not connected to the Internet?

Suggesting or blaming?

Windows update seems to selectively disable network functionality when it gets behind.

Not really suggesting, more like telling, this is what I do every day. It's the first place to start with any issue you're having on a MS Windows computer, you can waste a lot of time troubleshooting if you don't start there.

John

The modem must conform to your connection (cable or DSL) and the particular provider as otherwise they will blame your modem on any problems.

Good luck!

Ariel
If you are using your own modem, they WILL blame it and refuse to help you. Doesn't matter whether it is compatible or not. The scripts that tech support uses are specific to modems that the ISP provides.

If you are using your own modem, they WILL blame it and refuse to help you. Doesn't matter whether it is compatible or not. The scripts that tech support uses are specific to modems that the ISP provides.
And those script start with "Power cycle your device", and end with "See step one". ;)

Back