Wilton Drill Press

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have two of these Wilton Drill Presses.

IMG_3778.JPG

I really don't have room for both of them at my place. Rarely use the second one. Thinking about selling it. No idea what it is worth. Maybe $150. What should I do with it?

It depends on the condition and demand at your location. Post several close-up pictures in your ad and be as honest and detailed in your description as possible. Maybe try listing it at $250 and keep dropping the price every week or so, till it sells.

I agree . Looks like a nice little drill press .

The drill press is in good condition. It is a Wilton model 2530 now sold as a Jet drill press with a retail price of $950 give or take. I am not very good at selling stuff. There is a local auction house that sells machinery and tools. Precision Warehouse. I might have them auction it off.

The drill press is in good condition. It is a Wilton model 2530 now sold as a Jet drill press with a retail price of $950 give or take. I am not very good at selling stuff. There is a local auction house that sells machinery and tools. Precision Warehouse. I might have them auction it off.
I am confused, what is there to be good at. You list the item, and the buyer pays you the money. Now if you just don't want to deal with other people, that I can understand.

It's nice to keep a drill press on the ready with a countersink chucked up. I call it a second op for fun. That said, I have two drill presses more than I need, and I hate dealing with people...

I had 5 total until last weekend when I sold one.

One was bought to convert to DC and flip and that's the one I sold. Two are in use, one of those converted to DC, and two more waiting to be converted. One little Homecraft to replace the WEN I'm using in the generator room.

Im tired and what I just typed makes no sense, but there it is.

I have the German version of the WEN drill press, which aside from the cuck is not too shabby. And a HF floor press. And the big Powermatic 1200. And the mill, in a pinch. So that's two more than I really need. But I don't want to invite Craigslist strangers into my shop to case the joint look at them, nor do I want to load them into my little Honda to meet at a public landmark. They're taking up space and gathering dust because they will only equate to beer money at the end of it. Maybe I'm in the same boat as the OP @mickri. How do you guys sell tools that are too big to ship, but too cheap to make a big effort over?

Ive been doing FBMP/Craigs list/Classifide ads for so long I can usually tell if someone is going to be an issue.

I have a guy coming over in a bit to buy a mini lathe. I have it set up in my basement shop and Ill bring him in to see it. Sometimes Ill set things up in the garage or even just in the driveway depending on how I feel about the situation.

On FBMP, look up their profile. If they look legit great. If they look like an axe murderer with satanic crap on their page, greet them at the door with a ball gag on and an axe in your hand.

Ive been doing FBMP/Craigs list/Classifide ads for so long I can usually tell if someone is going to be an issue.
My experiences both buying and selling on Craigslist have been overwhelmingly positive. Now that FB is the thing I stage things in the driveway mostly. You can see someone's profile on FB which is helpful and talk to them on the phone. You can tell who's serious. I enjoy meeting like minded people who enjoy the same things that I do. You can learn a lot by meeting folks in different neighborhoods and from different walks of life, if you are so inclined.

Tim

Back