Why Change What Works?

Great question Steve. The staff has discussed this many times.

I suggested paying for articles, a small honorarium, which was rejected. The staff felt that it would insult others who contributed for free.
Other suggestions were a HM t-shirt or cap or other gift.
I suggested another Project of the Month.

As always, I am open to ideas-tell me what you think would incentivize people to post good projects.

This is a great question by Steve, so I wanted to bump it up. What do you think would encourage people to post more projects?

Nels,
I post my projects to share what I do, that is relevant to this group. With the intention that someone will get something positive from my posts, as I've often learned from, got inspired, and got something positive from other member's projects. An At-A-Boy or bragging rites are good enough for me.

Nels
Thank you, first of all, for starting and maintaining this site. I believe I was one of those people that stated I was here for the downloads in my initial introduction and would like to apologize for thinking that way. I know I have not contributed much in the way of information or ideas, mostly because I don't have enough experience to contribute. As I was looking around, waiting for my ability to download anything, I was VERY impressed by the helpfulness, friendliness, and by the sheer volume of experience and knowledge contained in this forum. Those qualities are what kept me around and prompted me to contribute financially to this site. I hope one day soon to be able to share something that may be useful to other members. Until then, I get MUCH enjoyment out of reading about the projects and ideas that get posted here.
Thank you and thanks to all of the staff members who make this site possible!!!

Randall

Back