Why am I binging on learning?

Oh good! That's a comfort. I was beginning to think I was somewhat alone in this.
"Fulfilled" is not the same as "totally occupied" when doing stuff".

So now, the remaining task goals unrelated to "fulfillment" are going to be put on the "can-only-get-shorter" list, and there is at least one of the crappier tasks I will dispose of by getting someone else to do it! :)

The remainder I will knock off one at a time, and I will feel free to putting some of them behind goofing about playing sax to the growing crops in the field out back, making my machines make chips, even if only for their own improvements, hacking on the electronics and science stuff, and playing with my "big-boy's" chemistry set stuff. I have paid up for flying club membership for this year, even though most of it is temporarily COVID-limited.

Maybe some of the original gripe was about what happens to most of us by January 3rd. It started on Christmas Eve, when I had to rebuild and get working the indirect hot water heating system, so folk in the household, including visiting relatives, could take showers and suchlike amenities.
We don’t have to get lazy and stupid once we get older, right? I sometimes wonder if I can learn stuff faster than I forget.

Before I was retired, those that already were, told me they were so busy and had little time for anything. I asked them "don't you have at least 40 - 50 hours more in a week than when you worked?" Having now been retired for 8 years, I have figured out the problem that I now see I have also! When I was working and thought of a project that I would like to do, I had to plan ahead and put off most things till later. But now that I 'have all this time", When I think of a project, I start on it right away, at least by sourcing parts and materials and putting it on the front burner, so to speak. I have also figured out that's part of the reason my computer table looks like such a mess. There must be 15 or more projects in a state of building or designing or testing or waiting for more parts to arrive, sitting on the table.
Such is the life of retirement.
Aaron

Before I was retired, those that already were, told me they were so busy and had little time for anything. I asked them "don't you have at least 40 - 50 hours more in a week than when you worked?" Having now been retired for 8 years, I have figured out the problem that I now see I have also! When I was working and thought of a project that I would like to do, I had to plan ahead and put off most things till later. But now that I 'have all this time", When I think of a project, I start on it right away, at least by sourcing parts and materials and putting it on the front burner, so to speak. I have also figured out that's part of the reason my computer table looks like such a mess. There must be 15 or more projects in a state of building or designing or testing or waiting for more parts to arrive, sitting on the table.
Such is the life of retirement.
Aaron
Yep - It's kinda like that for me, except that a substantial chunk of the "projects" was house stuff I was trawling through before I retired, and these have carried through to continue to tax me now. I am knocking them off one by one.

Back