Who makes a good pair of Kevlar gloves?

Thanks for all the posts. I need some gloves that let me have some dexterity to still be able to handle hand work.
Those ss mesh look like a way to feed a shark. Can't see much dexterity with those gloves.
Thanks,
Jon

Hi Guys,
I wanted to buy a good pair of Kevlar gloves for when I am making a knife or anything sharp.
I also need the dexterity to be able to perform various functions of grinding.
Any advice is appreciated,
Thanks,
Jon

I handled safety issues at work and found the best solution to prevent cut hands when handling sharp sheet metal was gloves made with "Dyneema". We found gloves made with Kevlar did not work. Just Google "Dyneema Gloves" to find a supplier.

They also slide of the finger tips leaving a bunch of chain mail hanging there.
good quality gloves with the wrist band wont leave you with loose fingertips.

On a different not have you worn the full size chain mail suit when diving?
Actually I have never been that scared of sharks. And in a working enviroment I dont believe they would be practical anyway. Big lizards on the other hand, them I can do without........
Its strangely amusing to think that OH&S, although very involved in our industry, dont address some of the issues that we face as a matter of fact and yet try to enforce ridiculous rulings in other areas that probably dont need it.

Cheers Phil

Can't see much dexterity with those gloves.
Jon,
Any glove, (metal or textile), is going to limit your "feel" and to some degree, "dexterity" but quality gloves in any material will enable you to perform most work. Butchers and fishermen use mail gloves successfully, and in intricate work. It will all depend in what your final use is as to whether they would be suitable. Personally I dont use any hand protection when grinding because you lose too much "feel"..... but in bladesmithing.......well I just dont know.
I still have all my fingers after a lifetime of bench grinder use, mostly drill bits and such, but also putting an edge to chisels and planes.
But making knives, well let me just say I know they are used with forks......

Cheers Phil

Back