Which Air hose.

I have drops all over. My wood shop was the first about 20 years ago.
my metal shop maybe 2017-18..

I have regulators to adjust the misters.. Just looking for short hoses.

I bought some blue 1/4" hose, 50' length, (not coiled) from HF. Cut it up and have a drop at each machine supported above head level with a bungie. I made my own fittings. The main distribution line (where hose is used) is Goodyear type.
Aaron

I am giving up on some of my coiled hoses. I am constantly having to untangle them... yes they are cheap HF units. The one I thought I would like the least is the one I like the most. The hard one, it doesn't tangle, but it's tough to pull. The orange ones constantly tangle on their own coils.

I am going to go to straight 1/4" line for blowing. My question is what hose are you using 1/4 and is it nice and flexible?
I like both Coil hose Pneumatics for my 3/8 lines, and I bought my son Flexilla. They are both nice. But none are 1/4"... They are both made in USA..
I plan on buying the hose and cutting it up for use by my machines...

Thanks for your opinions... Please give more than "I have xxxxxxxx" I want to know what you think about the hose to help make a determination.

This is NOT what you asked for.... But a different approach for consideration. Maybe, maybe not, and will depend entire on where and how you use these hoses. In the shop at work I have several "specific task hoses" (blowgun hoses), that are done with a relatively stiff, straight (as in "not coiled") quarter inch air brake tube, that has and keeps a good "memory" from having come in a roll. They "drop" from about six feet up, and hang in a "droop" to a hook about five feet up, and five feet away. The "droop" drops about but not quite to the floor. The trick is this- The area it's to service has to be reachable by that loop, AND, you'll have to clock the fittings (or use push locks that swivel on their own) to get the "loop" to drop back to the wall. when you hang the hook up. It just uses standard compression fittings (with ferrules) from the hardware store (Doesn't require "air brake fittings" unless its used in air brakes), or the quick connect/push lock fittings have gotten a lot better over time as well. Easy to work with.

Again, for consideration, as while it's usefulness and convenience and total ability to not get tangled is pretty good IF it fits the area, using that method in the wrong work space would make you wish you had a tangled up coiled hose with three or four leaky splices in it. So food for thought.

When I was bending wrenches at Ford dealers, I used Flexizilla hoses......

So , whatcha gonna buy ? :grin:

I also have been looking for a small diameter flexible hose to use on my lathe. My requirement was that the hose had to be straight, not coiled, 1/4" diameter, and very flexible. As a hose to be used at my lathe I would be operating at a reduced pressure, with a 1/4" regulator mounted on a manifold at the rear of the lathe. What I landed on is a braided air hose made specifically for air brush work. These hoses are normally sold in 6' or 10' lengths (perfect for me) with mfr specific fittings crimped on each end. I have seen product listings that claim NPT, BSP threads etc but after reading various reviews and product literature concluded that what I might get for fittings is a bit of a crap shoot. These hoses can be purchased for between $8 and $20 and there are conversion fittings available to convert threads to NPT or other should you elect to convert rather than replace the end fittings. The conversion fittings are often more expensive than the hose.
The one caution I noted for myself is that these hoses have a reduced maximum pressure spec and I should not use for higher pressure.
I cannot address your last question regarding experience using as I have yet to purchase and install - when I do I would be happy to circle back and comment.

Not endorsing this hose for the application but it is the one I highlighted as suitable for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbr...0048&sprefix=1/4+airbrush+hose,aps,125&sr=8-7

I also have been looking for a small diameter flexible hose to use on my lathe. My requirement was that the hose had to be straight, not coiled, 1/4" diameter, and very flexible. As a hose to be used at my lathe I would be operating at a reduced pressure, with a 1/4" regulator mounted on a manifold at the rear of the lathe. What I landed on is a braided air hose made specifically for air brush work. These hoses are normally sold in 6' or 10' lengths (perfect for me) with mfr specific fittings crimped on each end. I have seen product listings that claim NPT, BSP threads etc but after reading various reviews and product literature concluded that what I might get for fittings is a bit of a crap shoot. These hoses can be purchased for between $8 and $20 and there are conversion fittings available to convert threads to NPT or other should you elect to convert rather than replace the end fittings. The conversion fittings are often more expensive than the hose.
The one caution I noted for myself is that these hoses have a reduced maximum pressure spec and I should not use for higher pressure.
I cannot address your last question regarding experience using as I have yet to purchase and install - when I do I would be happy to circle back and comment.

Not endorsing this hose for the application but it is the one I highlighted as suitable for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbrush-Premium-Braided-Standard/dp/B001CJHZXS/ref=sr_1_7?crid=ODW6HMH2YZUD&keywords=1/4"+airbrush+hose&qid=1650630048&sprefix=1/4+airbrush+hose,aps,125&sr=8-7
Interesting idea. I have many airbrush hoses, but they are attached to my air brushes. I would not use them for the shop. They are too valuable for when I spray. They also like you say are limited in psi. I think they are 1/16 hoses. I could be wrong.

I like the coilhose pneumatics, but I don't think the hose is made in USA, so for $76 for 100 ft no ends... I may pass.
The flexizilla is made in usa.. the 1/4 and 3/8 are, the 1/2 is not. I may buy that, but I am not sold yet.
I like the coilhose type of hose, which everyone sells some sort of hose like it.

Back