Where to find Kilz Hammerite Mid Green or Rust-Oleum Verde Green

alpic

Registered
Registered
I am restoring an old mid-80s milling machine and actually found a great link to the color that I want on this site (too new to post link) and was ecstatic to find a good color match for what is the same machine (different name only).

It seems that Kilz doesn't make Hammerite, so found that RustOleum Verde Green is pretty close and that is also impossible to find.

Can someone help me here. This is my first restoration project. How can I find those colors? Not looking to deviate too much from the original color.

Thanks
Alain

I am restoring an old mid-80s milling machine and actually found a great link to the color that I want on this site (too new to post link) and was ecstatic to find a good color match for what is the same machine (different name only).

It seems that Kilz doesn't make Hammerite, so found that RustOleum Verde Green is pretty close and that is also impossible to find.

Can someone help me here. This is my first restoration project. How can I find those colors? Not looking to deviate too much from the original color.

Thanks
Alain
It appears this is no longer made: some resellers list it but are "out of stock" or "currently unavailable,) and Rustoleum does not either 7219 (their item number) or Verde Green listed on their website.

It appears this is no longer made: some resellers list it but are "out of stock" or "currently unavailable,) and Rustoleum does not either 7219 (their item number) or Verde Green listed on their website.
That is what I faced and wondered what are the alternatives.

Can a part be scanned at a paint facility, and have the color custom mixed, can you get the mixing formula?

it's been off the shelf for about 2 years. I liked the hammered finish, I wanted to do my pin gage case in it during the resto, but it was not available..

Jeff is correct that you won't find it. It is a dead ringer for Wilton vise restorations. I have one new spray can of it. I am hoping to use it on my vise.

Someone over on Garage Journal (I think) posted that they had talked to Rustoleum and the rumor is that they might bring it back next month (Feb 2024). I am not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice if they did. It is used on a lot of things, including my Enco horizontal bandsaw. Maybe we should bombard Rustoleum with requests for it.

Ok, I'll try to see what options I can find in green hammerite, maybe a bit of a different one

your best bet is to try some obscure paint places that might have some old stock.
Smaller places may not sell as much as big box stores of the hammer type paints.

Back