Where Is It Now

Maybe it is still stuck on an MT3 tool?

I looked for my 3/8 to 1/2 square drive adapter for days until giving up and putting one on my shopping list.
Then the following week I found it on a 3/8 torque wrench. So small it looked like part of the wrench.

I once worked in a small one man job shop. I had to make brass part for a customer. To charge for brass, we would weigh the part and charge by weight. The scale was above eye level. I made the part and measured the weight. The customer showed up the next day to get his part. I wasted at least 1/2 hour looking for that part. So, with the customer waiting, I frantically made another part. Reached up to put the new part in the scale and found the original right there in the scale. I asked if he need two of those parts. We both got a good laugh and the shop ended up with the original part.

D

If I could only get back all the time I've spent looking for something right under my nose I'd be 22 years old again;)
Hope you found it and put it back in it's proper place again....

Cheers,

John

Everything in my " shops " have their own special place . Trouble is , I'm not sure where that place is . :dunno: I've moved so much stuff lately I'm finding things that I needed 2 years ago . I think I have oil filter wrenches in every drawer I own now just because I can buy them for 5 bucks across the street rather than search for 5 hours for the 20-30 that I own . :grin:

Don’t worry! By the time you find the thing you will have completely forgot why you needed it in the first place. Then, you’ll have time to put it where it “belongs “. :)

MK

Everyone can rest easy now, I found the MT#5 x MT#3 sleeve, for some reason, it was in with the 3rd spare set of R8 milling machine collets. The lathe tool and the other stuff is still MIA.

Back