Where can I get plans for a 3-in-1 sheet metal shear/cut/roll machine

You don’t have any friends, neighbors who can help you?

It doesn’t come apart as easy as say a lathe does. And there is a lot of crucial adjustments and small parts.

I think $500 is way too high. Thoughts?
I agree. Just because it says Jet doesn’t mean a thing to me. It’s made in the same factory as the HF. Different paintjob and stickers is all. Why do the sellers always think “surface rust” doesn’t mean anything? If nothing else it means they should have cleaned it up then it would maybe worth $500/$450. But rusty….I gave half that for mine that had no rust and was basically new, still on the shipping skid.

You don’t have any friends, neighbors who can help you?

It doesn’t come apart as easy as say a lathe does. And there is a lot of crucial adjustments and small parts.
I do, but they are not easily able to take a 3 hour trip with me there and back, including loading time. I might be able to convince someone to come if lunch is included. Even weekends are busy for them.
Yeah, I looked at the photos and even the component parts are heavy and would require two hands to get apart.

I agree. Just because it says Jet doesn’t mean a thing to me. It’s made in the same factory as the HF. Different paintjob and stickers is all. Why do the sellers always think “surface rust” doesn’t mean anything? If nothing else it means they should have cleaned it up then it would maybe worth $500/$450. But rusty….I gave half that for mine that had no rust and was basically new, still on the shipping skid.
I think this seller doesn't know much, but I could be wrong. Maybe they looked up a new one, saw it was $1200 and thought this was worth half that, instead of looking up other ones and seeing the lower prices and asking why someone would pay more than the price of a new one for a rusty used one? I guess I could go and offer way less and see what happens. I'm not up for a long drive, but I might be if it's worth it. I'd rather be there with cash if I'm making a lower offer; sometimes money talks, even if it's less than they were asking.

I think this seller doesn't know much, but I could be wrong. Maybe they looked up a new one, saw it was $1200 and thought this was worth half that, instead of looking up other ones and seeing the lower prices and asking why someone would pay more than the price of a new one for a rusty used one?
I have no idea what goes through these people’s minds but it’s not their $$ that you’re using. It’s yours. If they were going to look up the price they should look up the price when it was bought, not the current price.

The HF 30” has always been around $400. So I always figure around 60% of new, then price, not now. So when I picked mine up $230 that seemed fair, the bonus being it was unused. If you can’t get them below $300 I’d walk. Believe me the machine is not perfect even in perfect shape. It’s a Jack of all trades and master of none and no matter the paint or sticker it’s not worth more then $300 IMHO. And this coming from a guy who’s had one now for several years.

For that $1200 for a new one you could buy a used Pexto 36” stomp shear and Enco finger break. They were in CL in your area last month for $500 total for the two of them and they were not hobby machines like a 3n1.

Back