When you head out to the shop ... ?

I have one of those big flip chart pads I reapproptiated from my wife's teaching supplies that I use to jot notes, sketch parts, do scratch math, record dimensions, and write myself notes to remember to do or buy... But being a literal wall of scribbles, it's more of a data entry accessory, because I never remember to read it later so I can follow through!

I generally head out to the shop with an objective, but tend to be easily distracted by shiny objects, squirrels also. No matter what I end up doing I generally get something accomplished, and have a good time. Mike
Ha, me too.
I go out there every day. I have several irons in the fire at any given time.
Listening to a book or music and just organizing or cleaning up is my favorite pastime

I have one of those big flip chart pads I reapproptiated from my wife's teaching supplies that I use to jot notes, sketch parts, do scratch math, record dimensions, and write myself notes to remember to do or buy... But being a literal wall of scribbles, it's more of a data entry accessory, because I never remember to read it later so I can follow through!
I have a spot on the front of my machines where I stuck some of that stick on white board that I scribble notes and math on.... :grin:

I use scraps of cardboard boxes. Quick sketches, sums and ciphers, to do, to get, all the same... Of course I mostly loose the scrap halfway through a project.

When I'm intensely working in CAD (cardboard aided design) those scraps end up in my toolbox as fabrication templates.
Now CAD templates in my garage are made from raisin bran cereal boxes, and yes I tend to stuff them in a drawer under the workbench as well. I like their boxes because if it is a right left template, I know that the opposite side thing needs to be made from the printed side!

Back