What's Your favirite Phrase ?

Ok, here is one my father use to say

"You could tear up an anvil with a wet noddle"

A few more from my files - apologies if these are repeats but I enjoyed them the first time :)

Exporting democracy has led to shortages of it here.

"He who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." - Benjamin Franklin

Some people just need a sympathetic pat... on the head..... with a hammer.

As people grow up they realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. Fred Allen

You're not really old until you get junk mail from funeral homes - Adams Apples newspaper cartoon

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living." -- Anonymous

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." -- George Orwell.

"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers

Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading...

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

When I see insane people on the street talking to themselves I want to tell them about Twitter.

"I’ve learned to take the advice of people who are smarter than me. Because if you think you’re the smartest person in the room, you probably should go to a different room.” Lisa Sedlar, Founder & CEO, Green Zebra Grocery

"No business plan survives the initial encounter with customers.” Paola Moretto, Co-Founder & CEO, Nouvola

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats." ~ Howard Aiken

Many people want to serve God, but only as advisers.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

I have to stop saying how stupid can people be. To many people are taking it as a challenge.

That's enough for now! See y'all later

Stu

comment on someones lack of shooting skills;
he couldn't hit a bulls ass with a snow shovel!!

Back