What's Your favirite Phrase ?

It's my favorite tool! (AKA, it's the only sharp one)
You're sharp as butter on a hot day.
He's slower than paint (drying)
She said "I want", which means "You must..."
SWMBO sez "It's just a scratch on the truck" = replace the rear bumper...
Me: "Just a few pics in the shop" = 3 hours finishing a new tool....

SWMBO??

I saw that topic on the other forum earlier this evening.

This is the most recent one that I like. Mr Ruess XVP Global Development GM, on the topic of quality control. Another take on "Garbage in, garbage out"

"If you do what you always did, you always get what you always got"

Pierre

Ogberi, No wonder I couldn't figure it out. Send your address I will send you some pants :^) Mark

You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal

Ogberi, No wonder I couldn't figure it out. Send your address I will send you some pants :^) Mark
:roflmao:

Actually I try to be laid back. My wife and I have no kids, so we both have more hobby money that those with kids. A lot more shop time too. We both feel that hobbies are important. I have my wood and metal machines, foundry, electronics and computers. I can generally fix, make, or at least diagnose whatever breaks. She makes soap from scratch (lye soap, not that melt&pour crud), and has just taken up the violin.
Although, I just did spend about $200 on tooling and supplies for the Atlas, plus I have $136 in my McMaster-Carr cart (bearings, handwheels, locking handles, etc), *plus* I'm spending $600 on a nice SB9A lathe this coming Sunday. She makes sure all the bills are paid, I get hobby money. It works out, because she is super thrifty with our budget.

Now I just gotta figure out how to finagle about $250 more to build a workbench to put the SB and Taig on.....

People in Hell want icewater. Then they want blankets when they get cold.

He is f...ing the dog and selling the puppies. They're ugly puppies but he's getting good money for them.

If I buy this today on sale, I will save 25%.
If I don't buy it at all, I'll save 100%.

Colder than a well digger's a$$.

If I was doing any better, I couldn't stand myself.

If wishes were horses, we would all ride.

Life is all about a$$. We are either kicking it, covering it, kissing it, trying to get it, working it off, busting it, sitting on it or scratching it.

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Once, twice, three times a lady. Four times she does it for a living.

Where were you when the paper was blank? (When someone criticizes a design)

Back