What's the best job you ever had, and why?

So I'm late to this thread but I have to say my best job to date is the one I have now. I'm the Warranty Coordinator for a large truck unfit company. I'm in charge of the warranty for 3 of our locations. It's a challenging job, but I am surrounded by grat people and have the authority to do what needs to be done to take care of our customers.
Is that supposed to be "upfit" or ??? :dunno:

So I'm late to this thread but I have to say my best job to date is the one I have now. I'm the Warranty Coordinator for a large truck unfit company. I'm in charge of the warranty for 3 of our locations. It's a challenging job, but
Managing the warranty for a "truck unfit company" (I'm not even sure what that is/means) sounds about as interesting as my job, but these two points I've found to be perhaps the most critical ingredients in the recipe for a "good job":
I am surrounded by great people and have the authority to do what needs to be done to take care of our customers.
Conversely, being surrounded by idiots and being micromanaged are two ingredients in the recipe for misery. Put them together (being micromanaged by idiots) and the pay better be pretty damned good for anyone to stick around.

EDIT: just saw clarification posted while I was typing: truck upfit company. Is that like fitting service beds, liftgates, PTO, etc? Or installing lift kits and subwoofers?

As an upfit company we take new chassis and instal dump bodies, service bodies, snow plows, mostly custom stuff. We build our own dump bodies. It's a really enjoyable job. I am able to take the irritated and upset customer and solve the issue they have. I have the freedom to do almost anything to solve the issue. We have customers in all 50 US states and most of Canada. I have a great teem backing me and good leadership. What more could you ask for.

My current job...

I'm a machinist in a jet engine overhaul facility, practically all of my work is on the engine cases.

Any given night, I may find myself cutting chips off of half million dollar parts...

Very good pay, good benefits, great co-workers, all the overtime I care to work... what's not to like about that?

I consider it to be more of a 'paid hobby'... I really enjoy my job!

-Bear

As an upfit company we take new chassis and instal dump bodies, service bodies, snow plows, mostly custom stuff. We build our own dump bodies. It's a really enjoyable job. I am able to take the irritated and upset customer and solve the issue they have. I have the freedom to do almost anything to solve the issue. We have customers in all 50 US states and most of Canada. I have a great teem backing me and good leadership. What more could you ask for.
Learned something new today

Back