What type of penetrating oil works best?

Dear Nelson, I just have to open my yap again, but I think its all about what your doing.
This shop does support for a Desal. plant. A lot of 2-3-4" fastners. one inch drive sockets
etc. dealing with salt water . No snake oil on the planet will do its AX 0 torch. Going back
to the ? it will be atf and acetone. And Kroil ,my mistake was buying a case of large spray
cans. I bet I have a half case that wont spray and are full and had to ice pick em & put in
cans. Vehical exhaust? definatly the fire axe. The old man always using weasle pee waisting
all that time for something going in the junk pile anyways. But the end of the day, I do
spray my ways hand wheels and stuff with PB. & to compete liquid wrench now has a
product the same as PB even smells the same. sam

I have never used kroil...so can't really comment on it. I have been using PB Blaster and it works wonders. First time I used it was on a Kawasaki mule aluminum head..actually one of the valve cover bolts broke off in the aluminum head, I tried wd40, heat, tapping to get vibration, was going to drill it out when I thought, what the heck, give the PB a try. Short trip to the auto parts for some and a couple of squirts on the bolt with some more tapping for the vibration. About 15 minutes later came back and I would almost swear I could have backed that bolt out with my fingers.
I'm a believer in this stuff.

Heat... Nothing beats the good old gas axe... Sometimes I use PB. WD is a great air freshener. Don't ever put WD 40 on your machine. I did it once, only to find my ways rusting under the milk white coating of WD 40 oil... But I digress.

just a word of safety, when mixing oils together with non oil products beware some can cause a gas that is fatal and some explodes, i myself use a half tube of grease to a gallon of diesel, we used this on the farm for our plow blades in the winter and my uncle used it on his lathes and they never rusted:)) mac

Irishwoodsman, I would imagine you are not using synthetic grease? Does it settle at all? I'm going to give that a shot. Living in B-low, the winters are rough on the machines.

At work we all live by Kroil. That stuff does wonders. But since I can't buy it around here, I go for the PB blaster for the home shop. I think it's a close second place.

Irishwoodsman, I would imagine you are not using synthetic grease? Does it settle at all? I'm going to give that a shot. Living in B-low, the winters are rough on the machines.
its slicker than al poo on a tin roof, dont use the synthetic i have a case that i bought yrs ago from mfa we used it on the farm, it leaves a nice film but is thin i wipe it on with a rag and am able to put it in my pump can for the internal stuff, mixture is 1 tube per gallon of fuel oil [diesel ]:)) mac

Back