What type of mill for a small shop

Skip, you know what they say, right? No pics, it didn't happen! :biggrin:

Congrats on finding and getting the 8520. It's a great mill and more than adequately bridges the gap between full size B'port and benchtop mills.

Thank you for starting this thread, and secondly i have to thank every member that told a bit of what they liked or didn't. I am in the process of shopping to buy a Mill as well as a Lathe, I have been looking at the table tops since space is pretty limited in a 10 x 14 shop. I have been leaning towards the busy Bee CX 600 or the CX 601. Need the extra bed length and travel of the 601 to do my gunsmithing on with the fewest headaches as possible with a small machine.

I am verry happy with the PM-25 it dose everything I want it to do, I do take smaller cuts with it, than if I do with my big old Index mill.
and I don't get in a hurry anymore, and that could be because of Old Age, I am not happy with the company I bough it from, Quality Machine Tools,
Or the Guy there by the name of Matt. and I will not deal with them again. But all in all the machine works fine.

Hi chief,
What did you find problems with at Quality Machine Tool? I've talked with Matt at great length about lathes and specifically the PM25 mill.
During the last call I had with him he mentioned that he was sourcing better motors and controls for the PM mills.
He's always been a fountain of information and seemed like an honest and straight forward guy to deal with.
I've also seen and read very good things about him on other sites as well.
Thanks,
Dave

Back