What Type Of Cutting Oil is correct

Here's a different tack.
The new big thing is MQL (minimum quantity lubrication).
I try to avoid cutting oils. They tend to get in my sinuses and irritate. I do have a mister system, though. The MQL sounds like you just turn the air on and keep the coolant to the finest of mists. It keeps a tiny layer of the oil on the tool where it needs to be to reduce the friction.
The best part is that it seems that coconut oil is being used to great advantage.
However, I haven't figured out how you would drop the viscosity of coconut oil enough to flow in a 1980's Bridgeport misting system.
I also wonder if they test this in a constant tool insertion operation such as turning. There would be no opportunity for the cutting bit to come out and get painted with oil.

I try to avoid cutting oils. They tend to get in my sinuses and irritate. ...you just turn the air on and keep the coolant to the finest of mists.
If liquid oils irritated my sinuses I would stay away from misted ones like a religion.

Is there a difference between crisco oil and shortening? With the oil you get all back except one tablespoon.

Here bottle I use on my lathe is clear cutting oil from Home Depot. It put a small bottle if i spill less to clean up.
Also a can of Lead free lead.

Dav20231218_144426.jpge

I’m a huge fan of Rocol RTD. Fluid or paste, depending on the application.

It is call chemo Brian.
I have stage 4 colan since 2009.
I have been on and off chemo since 2009.

Dave
Ah, that's a crappy deal :oops:.

Like most people these days, I've seen the worst effects of chemo on loved ones and it must be bloody awful.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. :encourage:

I have a small aluminium ex iced latte bottle (with a load of warnings about its real contents scrawled all over it!) of CT-90 for similar reasons. It's very irritating to clear up a big cutting fluid spill because I've been clumsy!

I had to look up "insted-a-led". Newbie machinist here, so not familiar with white lead or its alternatives.

What materials/conditions is that be used for?

Ah, that's a crappy deal :oops:.

Like most people these days, I've seen the worst effects of chemo on loved ones and it must be bloody awful.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. :encourage:

I have a small aluminium ex iced latte bottle (with a load of warnings about its real contents scrawled all over it!) of CT-90 for similar reasons. It's very irritating to clear up a big cutting fluid spill because I've been clumsy!

I had to look up "insted-a-led". Newbie machinist here, so not familiar with white lead or its alternatives.

What materials/conditions is that be used for?
I have never use white lead. But told how good it was. Befor live centers I read they used white lead on the dead center. They also use white lead for tapping hard steels.

I would go on to American Cancer site and noted no one was posting after about 9 year. I call American Cancer basically they stop posting.
So this I asked my doctor how long does someone live with stage 4 colan cancer. She told me no one make it past 10 years. She knows my stage dates back to 2009.
My wife found one made to 18 years and secon one since 2012 in America, Canada and UK. Very small club.

Dave

It is call chemo Brian.
I have stage 4 colan since 2009.
I have been on and off chemo since 2009.

Dave
Sorry man, didn't know- let me change my remark to wishing you a very happy holiday. I was just confused with the wording and the picture of strawberry jam- I really did not know what you were conveying. I did not know about white lead- so thanks

Back