What to make with this tank.

Regardless, if it is galvanized plated or zinc plated or just bare metal on the inside, if woodchucker decided to make a meat burner out of it, he needs to be sure it does not have any coatings of zinc on the inside of the tank. And it would make a nice meat burner out of it, too!

I've made a few grills,smokers out of blue tanks.the bladder is hard to get out.i burn wood to get the coating and rubber out. Leave the ends on.cut quarter of drum for lid.top one might be old hot water heater but same set up

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have a plow blade, so that is off the list. Also have a lawn roller, bigger than that tank, but for the amount of times I have loaned it out and one friend took more than a year to return it, that might be a good loaner... NAH.

The smoker is a real good idea. I'm thinking hard on that one. I don't have one
I also like the sand blast cabinet idea... Although I think sealing it with a plexi or lexan screen might be difficult unless I were to build a riser box like a dormer on a house for the gloves and glass. Would rather use cheap glass for sacrificial screens... They last longer than plexi or lexan, and are cheap enough to replace.

Keep the ideas coming. I'm liking 2 right now.

I've made a few grills,smokers out of blue tanks.the bladder is hard to get out.i burn wood to get the coating and rubber out. Leave the ends on.cut quarter of drum for lid.
So you are saying lay the smoker down? I was thinking a vertical smoker so all the smoke rises to the top.. I guess I am thinking old style smoker like when I was a kid I remember the tall smoker where you put the wet wood in a pan low down and let the smoke rise to cook it., you are basically laying out a smoker to the side and food to the other side? Like most of the new smokers I see ...??

My Oregon house had a water well. The pump service guy used to cut old water tanks in half, line with fiberglass or foam insulation, and put them over well heads. Simpler and smaller than a pump house. He did this for mine. I bolted a length of small steel channel to the top of the tank half for a lifting handle.

Yes.depending on which stacks you open.can be a grill or smoker.

Back