What to make with this tank.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I had to replace my well's pressure tank yesterday. The blader has a hole in it. Still draining.
But I don't want to scrap this. I want to make something with it. The question is what. I don't need a forge, I already have too many hobbies. So anyone have any constructive ideas for this?
I don't think it would make a good compressor tank, it has had water running in it since 1987, and I would be reluctant to trust it as a pressure vessel, although it did hold the air pretty good.

Ideas can be cutting it up for use, or using as is, modifying.. whatever.

SDC12026.JPG

-cut in half sideways for a long barbecue grill
-belt/chain/sprocket guards on tools (I used pieces of a propane tank for chain guards on a go-kart for the kids)
-I have seen people make large hanging gongs
-small sandblast cabinet (ie. not a pressure vessel)
-big sink
-lawn roller
-cut in half lengthwise and used as a snow-plow blade on a 4-wheeler

-brino

Last edited:
If the tank has been galvanized plated on the inside, you don't want to make a barbeque pit/grill or smoker out of it.

Most of them water well pressure tanks are galvanized plated, even though that one appears to be Epoxy coated on the outside.

It is a one time use, but when I was a kid I had these water rockets. You filled the little rocket halfway with water then hooked it to a little hand pump and gave it about 30 pumps, then whoosh the little rocket probably went 50-60 feet.

Glue some fins on there and that tank would make one impressive water rocket... o_O

I've been told I'm not a good influence on people. :cautious:

On a more serious note how about a cabinet with lazy susan shelves?

Tanks with rubber bladders usually aren't galvanized.

Back