What size "Create Tool" Multifix for 1440GT

Hozzie

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My 1440GT is supposed to be here next month. I decided I am going with a MultiFix type toolpost setup from Create Tool. I can't seem to find dimensions on the compound width or compound to centerline height in the manual. I don't do any big turning (mainly gun stuff) so don't really need the biggest that will fit as I don't want to have to shim things so I am trying to figure out if their E or B size is better.

I think both with will technically work, but thought I would ask if anyone happens to have one on their 1440GT? Any info would be appreciated.

Check with Dave, I think he had a setup he was going to sell. He may be a bit under the weather right now, but he might respond....

h

click on "more" to get the dimensions

click on "more" to get the dimensions
He is looking for the dimensions of the lathe, not the Multi-fix.

Yeah, I am aware of the multifix dimensions, just trying make sure if order the B size that it isn't too big to use 3/8 holders without shimming. I'll wait and see if Jake has any info. I am leaning towards the E, but if the B will work without shimming then bigger is better I suppose. Going from E to B also increases the length of the holders from 100mm to 120mm which I am trying to think is that is an advantage or disadvantage.

Basically E's will hold a 3/4 tool. B's will hold a 1". I don't think I need a B, but also want to make sure the E isn't too small for some reason I am not seeing.

Last edited:
I think the increased length is a negative. The 3 clamping bolts will be farther apart so you need longer tools to use all the clamps. The smaller tools will have to be clamped with only 2 bolts.

Yeah, I am aware of the multifix dimensions, just trying make sure if order the B size that it isn't too big to use 3/8 holders without shimming. I'll wait and see if Jake has any info. I am leaning towards the E, but if the B will work without shimming then bigger is better I suppose. Going from E to B also increases the length of the holders from 100mm to 120mm which I am trying to think is that is an advantage or disadvantage.

Basically E's will hold a 3/4 tool. B's will hold a 1". I don't think I need a B, but also want to make sure the E isn't too small for some reason I am not seeing.
Jamie, sorry that i couldn't help more..

Back
Top Bottom