What size "Create Tool" Multifix for 1440GT

Hozzie

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My 1440GT is supposed to be here next month. I decided I am going with a MultiFix type toolpost setup from Create Tool. I can't seem to find dimensions on the compound width or compound to centerline height in the manual. I don't do any big turning (mainly gun stuff) so don't really need the biggest that will fit as I don't want to have to shim things so I am trying to figure out if their E or B size is better.

I think both with will technically work, but thought I would ask if anyone happens to have one on their 1440GT? Any info would be appreciated.

Check with Dave, I think he had a setup he was going to sell. He may be a bit under the weather right now, but he might respond....

h

I’ll bet @Jake P could give you the dimension.

click on "more" to get the dimensions

click on "more" to get the dimensions
He is looking for the dimensions of the lathe, not the Multi-fix.

Yeah, I am aware of the multifix dimensions, just trying make sure if order the B size that it isn't too big to use 3/8 holders without shimming. I'll wait and see if Jake has any info. I am leaning towards the E, but if the B will work without shimming then bigger is better I suppose. Going from E to B also increases the length of the holders from 100mm to 120mm which I am trying to think is that is an advantage or disadvantage.

Basically E's will hold a 3/4 tool. B's will hold a 1". I don't think I need a B, but also want to make sure the E isn't too small for some reason I am not seeing.

Last edited:
I think the increased length is a negative. The 3 clamping bolts will be farther apart so you need longer tools to use all the clamps. The smaller tools will have to be clamped with only 2 bolts.

Yeah, I am aware of the multifix dimensions, just trying make sure if order the B size that it isn't too big to use 3/8 holders without shimming. I'll wait and see if Jake has any info. I am leaning towards the E, but if the B will work without shimming then bigger is better I suppose. Going from E to B also increases the length of the holders from 100mm to 120mm which I am trying to think is that is an advantage or disadvantage.

Basically E's will hold a 3/4 tool. B's will hold a 1". I don't think I need a B, but also want to make sure the E isn't too small for some reason I am not seeing.
Jamie, sorry that i couldn't help more..

Back