What Milling Machine Vise Will You Buy

I was in the same boat about a year ago and looked at many of the new import vises and used Kurts.
I ended up picking up a new Kurt from Enco, they were on sale with free shipping and I was able to
use an additional 20% off code. They don't come cheap even with the sale but I never have to worry
about a part I machine being out of spec because of the vise. My previous vise would sometimes lift
the movable jaw which would throw the piece out of square. Very frustrating when 1 out of 4 sides
ends up cut out of square.

3hp SuperMax is a pretty nice mill. I would get a Kurt or equivalent and be happy. Chinese vises are a crap shoot, some okay, some not, if you do go Chinese make sure about the warranty and who pays for shipping if the thing will not make square parts. I had a Clausing vise on my little 8520 mill. Replaced it with a very used 4" Kurt which was a world of difference. First thing I did when I got my BP clone was to get a 6" Kurt on sale. I make nice , square parts thanks to the Kurt. Cry once, get the real deal.

michael

That price is new, you can find used for less, much less if you take the time to look. Tim

I kept my eyes out and purchased new condition Kurt 4 and 5 inch vises.
Bernie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back