What Is This...these...it!?

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
Won a box of 'Junque' on E-bay. Bought it for one item, the one just below.

View media item 95473View media item 95472It has a 1 1/2"- 8 thd. and will pivot about120 deg. no markings I can see unless they're inside. I haven't taken it apart yet but I will. I thought I could use it for simple angles and some indexing possibly. It will take the SB chucks I have and a face plate. But no markings and it doesn't lock in place. That was disappointing! I thought that's what the lever did. Not! I think I can fix it up and use it as another 'jig' (I know s'pose to say fixture.) once I get it to lock in place and put some angle marks on it. But...?

The bracket holding it is obviously shop made of aluminum. Done well but still shop made so the head was possibly in someones junque box (now in mine) and they put it to use.

Next two were in the box also. Don't know what they are either. Possibly a spider for some use or other. Or. Perhaps a type of lathe dog with an adjustment and spring loaded arm. ???

View media item 95470View media item 95469
One of them is marked 111 and the other 112. This is the marking, similar on both.

View media item 95471
THE READY TOOL COM. BRIDGEPORT, CONN.

So those of you more knowledgeable than I (read that as about everyone) got an idea what I wasted my hard earned money on?

Whyemier the stymied!

Can't see the pictures so kinda hard to tell what anything is. :confused:

Can't see the pictures so kinda hard to tell what anything is. :confused:

Hmmm? Don't know why. I see them and I posted them from the site application. So...This seems like a common problem here where some can see the photos and others can't.

I can't see them either, but it sounds like the 2016 Pass Around box needs to be bigger...

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

This seems like a common problem here where some can see the photos and others can't.

I cannot see any pictures in this thread either, but I am not certain it's the same problem as other threads.

In all other threads if I hit the "reply" button right under the post with the missing pictures I can see them in the reply box.
That "work around" does NOT work here......

-brino

It's because you used the media gallery thing. I mean I don't know why it's not working, but that's why it's different.

Ok, I'll see what if anything I can do to get them to show. I've not had this problem before so...I don't know.

Yeah, the piece with the two set screws and finger looking thingy sticking out. That is a grinding dog for use on a cylindrical grinder. The few that show up on eBay people think they are worth about that of gold!

Back